Let the Rain Fall

Let the Rain Fall

A Story by PenguinEmpiress
"

A short story for my story Red Dawn.

"

Let the Rain Fall


BANG!


Thunder cracked overhead, hidden within the dark gloomy clouds of the storm. Rain pelted down in drops of the millions, crystal clear water splashed over the ground that ran red and skin that was bleached with blood. Lightning flashed through the black sky and lit up the weeping world with white.


Sounds were shorted out by the crack of the following thunder and pelting rain. The wind blew against trees and short grass, catching their leaves and blades with its quick movements. Black hair caught with the wind but unable to escape stayed put latched the back of a young woman drenched in water and red.


Her eyes were void of any emotions and her expression revealed nothing but boredom. She stayed standing in the rain, as it washed away the red drips of blood that didn’t belong to her alone. Her feet stood softly above the sobbing ground that flooded with red water from the body that stayed motionless beside's the slight flicker of the chest as they struggled for air.


She looked at the body as if it was some unknown being, her mind blank of all thoughts and her heart racing against her chest with adrenaline. His dark eyes looked up at the dark gloomy sky, lightning struck over him, creating a wondrous dance of light. His finger twitched in the flooding water as ripples rushed against his body.


The woman had fallen to her knees. Her eyes stinging with clear tears resting on her eyelids. Her expression never changed as they began to fall down her cheeks and combined themselves with the rainwater. Her void eyes never flicked or even blinked as the rain drops ran down her face, dripping from her hair.


Her hand clasped around a knife that’s blade dug into the ground with the extra pressure. She let out a shaky breath as she dragged the knife into her sight of vision. The silver blade shined with white as lightning streak from above, as if the gods had started a war. Her breathing became heavy and her chest felt like iron as she heaved for air.


The man laid still and silent on the soaked ground, looked at the sobbing clouds of misery before looking towards the woman. He had no strength left in his body to resist but forced out words of a plea.


“End it.” He struggled. His voice hitching with the strain of speech


She blinks, once, twice. A sob escapes her throat and her chest heaves with struggle. Her arms shook as she held the knife above her head, her fingers struggling to hold it and her heart reluctant to. Her body wavered to the side and then: She screamed.


The knife cut through the skin of his chest, shattering his heart and tearing it to shreds. His eyes rolled back and turned white, his skin quickly started to turn blue and his chest turned red. She sat there holding the knife - that was still impaled in his chest - yelling and crying. She sobbed hard and it shook her whole body, she gripped the handle tightly as she slowly digs it over the tattoo that was plastered over his chest.


Silver cut the blue letters, spilling blood like a waterfall and being washed away by the tear drops of the rain. The skin tore at the blade and ripped at the edges of the letters as they turned red with blood. It gusted out quickly as the blade cut through a vital organ sending blood to the open air and drops of the rain.


She finished as the silver split the ‘M’ is half. Letting go of the blade, her hands fell to her sides and her eyes followed the dark streams of angry cloud above. Small tears fell from her cheeks, their salt mixing with the rain’s crystal water.


Her eyes stung with tears as the rain pelted down over her. She lowered her head into her hands and lost control over her body as it shook with sobs of sadness and… Fear? Had she really just killed a man… a real living man… not one that was dead inside and looking for flesh to tear and eat… but a real living man?


She hunched her back as her head and hands laid flat on the ground, her eyes filling with tears and her hands with water. Mud covered her arms and splashed over her face, the rain spreading it further over her cheek.


Slowly she gained control over her body and opened her eyes to a blurred world of her hands and water. She lifted her head and ran her hands through her hair flicking it out of her face. Her bloodshot eyes looked over at the man that laid before her, the tattoo over his chest completely hidden beneath the blood of his organs.


Her hand reached out and gripped the handle of the blade, while her other hand rested on his split red struck chest. With a strong grip, she pulled the blade from his chest with a scream and fell back on her hands - and knife.


Blood from the blade washed into the water and drifted over the muddy ground and around her body. She staggered to her feet and stumbled over her own shoes as she reached her full height. Looking down at the body she took in the sight of her hands-men-ship, of the splattered blood and the blue tainted skin and the cold rain drops that fell over his body turning the tips of his fingers and ears purple.


Her bored expression returned but her bloodshot eyes remained - along with her red cheeks and nose. Her eyes darted towards the blade in her hand, looking it over with malice, just as it slips from her hand and twists in the air; impaling itself into the ground of murky water turned red.


A breathe of air escapes her lungs and drifts off with the wind. Dropping her shoulders she turns on the heel of her boot and looks down at the tainted ground, letting water drops hit her against the neck and head, carrying her own blood down her skin and through her clothes.


“See you in hell, Michael.” She taunted as she limped off into the fogged rain and away from the horror sight that she had created just seconds ago…

© 2016 PenguinEmpiress


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Wow this is good i was enthralled by it unable to look away such lurid darkness mmm i love it from just one page you can tell such a beautiful story is forming and all the hidden intricacies of the world just put slightly out of reach i crave more if you had a finished book i would spend the next 3-6 hours reading it great stuff perfectly intune with the kind of writing i love.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

PenguinEmpiress

7 Years Ago

Oh my goodness, Thank you so much!! You've made me feel so proud of myself - Thank you! and though I.. read more
TheAimlessWanderer

7 Years Ago

hell yeah i would !
PenguinEmpiress

7 Years Ago

That's awesome!!



Reviews

You have a way with words. Really wish my writing was this good. I seem to have a problem creating pictures. :/

Posted 7 Years Ago


PenguinEmpiress

7 Years Ago

Thank you so much :3 writing like this just takes some time and knowing what words mean. Once you ha.. read more
MightyMouse

7 Years Ago

Lol, that's my strong point I think. We might just be two halves of one whole. I like you, you're pr.. read more
PenguinEmpiress

7 Years Ago

Hehe we must be, I like you too, I'll have to look at your work too!
You have a really nice way of describing things and at the same time, keeping them interesting. : )
I really enjoyed reading it!

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

PenguinEmpiress

7 Years Ago

Thank you so much!!
Wow, the detail in your writing is amazing. Great work! Very interesting and captivating story.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

PenguinEmpiress

7 Years Ago

Thank you so much!! that means so much too me!
Surabhi Kaushik

7 Years Ago

Good piece of writing, powerful descriptions.. almost felt like getting wet in the rain! I am curiou.. read more
Wow this is good i was enthralled by it unable to look away such lurid darkness mmm i love it from just one page you can tell such a beautiful story is forming and all the hidden intricacies of the world just put slightly out of reach i crave more if you had a finished book i would spend the next 3-6 hours reading it great stuff perfectly intune with the kind of writing i love.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

PenguinEmpiress

7 Years Ago

Oh my goodness, Thank you so much!! You've made me feel so proud of myself - Thank you! and though I.. read more
TheAimlessWanderer

7 Years Ago

hell yeah i would !
PenguinEmpiress

7 Years Ago

That's awesome!!
Wow. I love this story. It is amazing!

Posted 7 Years Ago


PenguinEmpiress

7 Years Ago

Thank you!
AmandaFuller

7 Years Ago

No problem.
Aah Maddy, I loved this so much! It made me so emotional, geez. Your imagery is fantastic, I didn't have any trouble picturing the scene. Thanks for sharing! Brb crying

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

PenguinEmpiress

7 Years Ago

hah, Thank you! ~ i do not regret making you cry! :P
Your use of language was not only descriptive, but very interesting to read.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

PenguinEmpiress

7 Years Ago

Thank you very much!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

292 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on August 1, 2016
Last Updated on August 8, 2016
Tags: death, violence, blood

Author

PenguinEmpiress
PenguinEmpiress

QLD, Australia



About
'Do not pity yourself. If you wallow in self pity, life will be an endless nightmare' ~ Dazai Osamu I'm a loner .o./ Guess i should write something other than that, hey? :p. Ok lets see, I pers.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by PenguinEmpiress


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by PenguinEmpiress



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..