The Only Way

The Only Way

A Poem by Perdition

Yes, he was American made. Drawing in and thinking back with a comeback Elvis idol parked across his lap, Milwaukee’s Best and the taste of sulfur giving up his first shots into glory. The cracked window bled where he tossed out reason, and now the blank and broken future spilled out on the wooden floor. It was everything from nothing to him. A glitch in the hemisphere on his way to paradise and he didn't mind the goings alone. I rushed on his final words as he smiled and pulled back on the trigger.
Smoke dripping from his teeth.
Sometimes, it dares work out this way. Life bends to the handles where we are long ago ready. I pulled the covers and said some silent prayer. Some hope that someday I might end this way. Police arrived and I curiously gave up his name.
They stood and shook their heads pouring out a distorted, shortened Novena. Their line of cars crackled in fear as the sun rose over, its fingers pointed west and the air a broken frame where death wept up to his door. Yes. American made. where this was the only way.

© 2017 Perdition


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I have read and am reading.. finding each phrase a revelation.. a looking into someone's mind that i'll never really understand. Seems a path into a place where there are no brakes, no slowing down.. till it's only the finish that stops the flow.. .. cruelly, perhaps.

Posted 6 Years Ago


emmajoy

6 Years Ago

we don't have to type to make mistakes!
Perdition

6 Years Ago

This is one of those sentences that, even in the most soft and relaxing mornings you stop and sip yo.. read more
emmajoy

6 Years Ago

' Sometimes, it dares work out this way. Life bends to the handles where we are long ago ready. 'read more
You have certainly transcended the edges here and used language in a novel way. It communicates a mood with great images even if the detail is hard to pin down (for me). As you say 'I catch the drift' in a very positive way.
Well done for a very imaginative write.
Regards,
Alan

Posted 6 Years Ago


Perdition

6 Years Ago

Thank you sir...I'm appreciate and know that it is hard to pin down which I sometimes feel the need .. read more
Perdition

6 Years Ago

"I appreciate"..really have to get those glasses soon..lol

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

437 Views
2 Reviews
Added on September 13, 2017
Last Updated on October 9, 2017

Author

Perdition
Perdition

VA



About
Two quids from the soul of a clown: Keep writing, otherwise I refer to Mr. Cobain below~ more..

Writing
Emanate Emanate

A Poem by Perdition


Illusion Illusion

A Poem by Perdition