Tips for Writing College Essay

Tips for Writing College Essay

A Story by PetrD

One of the most important pieces of writing you will do for college is something you will need to compose before you even take a step into one of your classes. When you apply to the schools of your choice, you may also need to include an admissions essay to go along with your application. This essay, along with your academic record and extracurricular activities, will help admissions officers decide whether you will attend their school.


Tips for Your Admissions Essay


Your essay needs to be written carefully so it grammatically correct and as error free as possible so it makes an impression on the admissions officers. Here are some tips to help you write a great college essay.


Build an Outline


To help you remember everything you want to include in your essay, outline it so you won’t forget anything. The outline can help you organize what you want to say and when you are writing, it will be there to help you remember information that you want to put in your essay.


Write a Rough Draft


When you are ready to write your essay, just allow your thoughts and words flow out on paper. Don’t worry about form, punctuation or spelling at this point, just let your thoughts go and write everything that you want to include in the essay.


Include Three Parts in Your Essay


Just as you would any paper that you write, there should be three parts to your essay:


1) An Introduction - it should be one paragraph that introduces the essay.
2) The Body - write several paragraphs that explain the main idea behind your essay and include examples.

3) The Conclusion - this will be one paragraph that summarizes your essay.

Get Creative

Punch up your essay with creativity, but still be honest about yourself. Make it enjoyable to read and not just a report about your life as a student. Try emulating a favorite author or use humor throughout your essay. However, be specific and try not to let your essay wander all over the place because that will make it hard to understand.

Get Another Opinion

Let someone else read your essay, such as a favorite teacher or an advisor. Listen to their critique and apply what you find useful in your essay.

Using these site, you will find that college essay writing hard to do and they can help you get into the school of your dreams.


© 2014 PetrD


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews


Business assignment writing services have become very popular among students seeking Affordable Business Writing Services and business research writing services.
https://researchpapers247.com/affordable-business-writing-services/


Posted 3 Years Ago


This is nice, I haven't seen an essay account yet! I like it!

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

681 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 10, 2014
Last Updated on June 10, 2014
Tags: essay, writing, tips