Tears of Innocence

Tears of Innocence

A Poem by Tomislav Petricevic
"

A muslim boy watches Crusaders kill people in Jesus' name - a man he thought was good and kind.

"

He was standing near the city gates,

Looking at the men with crosses,

Christ's name they kept shouting,

While women cried for their losses.


Jesus sounded kind to the boy,

Yet in his name families died,

Just because of different beliefs,

Just because of broken pride.


What kind of god would approve of that,

What kind of people would heed his words?

Tears were gathering upon the boy's eyes,

As he would no longer hear the singing of birds.


A man with a sword red of blood

Approached the boy and quickly sliced,

His eyes slowly closed with a final thought-

They were no longer the men of Christ.

© 2012 Tomislav Petricevic


Author's Note

Tomislav Petricevic
I'd be grateful for an honest review.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This really made me cry, honestly.

I am a Christian and I honestly can't fathom how on earth other "Christians" can do this. I can't understand a lot about other people who claim to share my religion. I can't understand a whole lot about people in general.

This poem beautifully illustrates the loss of life, innocence, and a loss of good things, generally speaking.

Gosh, your poems are brilliant! I'm jealous right now. :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I am a Catholic and i love my faith and wouldn't deny it for the world but i have to say that this poem was beautiful. it kind of reminded me of the children crusades when thousands of children went to battle. what horrific mistakes human make in believing it is God's plan. God is the protector of life. He does not like bloodshed. i love your last line....they were no longer the men of Christ. This is true because this is not what God stands for. the mistakes that people blame on the religion are not God's fault. they are the mistakes of humans.

good poem :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Tomislav Petricevic

11 Years Ago

Thank you! :D
Irene

11 Years Ago

your welcome
this is so true and i feel that people from every religion had once or twice felt lile this- hindus about muslims,muslims about christians, then jews and christians etc. from my point of view i feel that some twisted sick minded people use religion as a basis to kill and hurt other people and not a lot of people have the coirage to write about this so great job:-)..!!.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This was interesting from the eyes of a Chritian to say the least. The resentment and confusion and sorrow was well expressed. but as a believer I have to say that God loves us so He gives us free will and some twisted humans choose to kill. It's a sad thing:/ and i agree woth some pf the pther comments, some extremist believers take it to far. But I believe that the bible teaches ys to love an accept everyone and forgive. Its sad when people resort to violence...Sorry if this sounds preechy and I have nothing against non believers but that was my honest review.
God bless

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow, another beautiful poem! You're extremely good at portraying the right amount of emotion, you do not over- or under do it. I really liked the rhythm you managed to use. All Gods are supposed to be loving and kind and good... however, unfortunately, the people who believe in them do not always reflect the same attitude...

Awesome read, well done!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Tomislav Petricevic

11 Years Ago

Thank you very much! :)
a little sad but beautiful ....every single word of this poem touched my heart ...good job and keep writing

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Pax
this is really sad, its speak so much reality of our days..great

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I loved this poem. Reminds me of a lot of what I call (Anti-religious) poems I write. This is exactly what a lot of the so-called followers of God do to people who are different because they don't like their own comfort disturbed. It's actually inspired me to write more poems like this into my collection here on writerscafe.org.

Posted 11 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Tomislav Petricevic

11 Years Ago

Thank you!
Yeah, I write those "anti-religious" poems too, since I believe church sucks as a ".. read more
Erika Jones

11 Years Ago

I am more than neutral ... I'm completely against religion. No offense to the friends that I have wh.. read more
Tomislav Petricevic

11 Years Ago

I wouldn't call it pointless - if it gives someone strength to carry on through tough times, I think.. read more
I think it is terrible, the things done in the name of God. We are all God's children - no matter what we call him.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

So very sad and powerfully speaking. I love it.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Tomislav Petricevic

11 Years Ago

Thank you!
This is brilliant and evoked a serious sadness in me. Amazingly written. Emotional. Very good.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

823 Views
16 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on June 25, 2012
Last Updated on June 25, 2012
Tags: tears, of, innocence, muslim, christian, christ, jesus, god, war, crusaders, cross, death

Author

Tomislav Petricevic
Tomislav Petricevic

Slavonski Brod, Slavonija, Croatia



About
Check me out on YouTube (the drip real phresh doe huehue) more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Sassy Sassy

A Poem by Aly Jones