Out of Winter comes Spring

Out of Winter comes Spring

A Story by The Phantom King Alchemist
"

A last minute entry to a contest

"
I stood at my frost covered window, looking out across the frozen pond to the woods behind it. Sighing heavily, my breath began to fog the window pane in front of me. I glanced at the fog for a moment, then wiped it away with the sleeve of my brown sweater. Letting off another dejected sigh, I leaned my head against the glass and closed my eyes, remembering the last time we were together. Spring two years ago.

 ~ ~ ~
We were laying shirtless in the grass of the clearing in the woods, the same wood that was behind the pond that led up into the base of the mountain. Both of us were lounging about and staring at the clouds in the sky enjoying the peace and quiet.

"Hey Jesse?"

I looked over at the sound of my name. Keith was looking up at the clouds, thinking about a number of different things by the look on his beautiful face.

"What is it Keith?" I asked gently.

"Well... I was just thinking bout something that's all." He hesitated a bit, and ran his fingers through his thick brown hair, thinking about what to say next.
"But, you do know that this spring is our last one together right?"

I sighed and rolled onto my back staring at the sky and nothing else. Taking a deep breath I calmly answered him back as best as I could.

"I know Keith, I know all too well." Unfortunately, I couldn't keep my voice from wavering during my last few words and Keith picked up on it. 

Getting to be extremely concerned, he sat up and towered over me as I kept staring at the sky. Finally, I couldn't stare past him any longer and I looked at him, tears in my eyes.

"Oh Jesse..." seeing me as I was about to cry, he gathered me up in his arms and held me close. "Come here baby."

Having his strong arms around me made my last ounce of self control crumble to dust, and before you could say "Big Horn Mountains" I was crying uncontrollably, my face buried in his chest. Through all of my sobbing and tears I could still hear him trying to comfort me. And I could feel him running a hand through my blonde hair and rubbing my back in small circles, trying to calm me down. 

"Shh, it'll be okay Jesse, you'll see. We'll see each other again. Remember, we've always got the Big Horn and who knows? I might be able to come back out here in a year or two."

I kept crying for a while, until after Keith had held me close for a minute more or so I was able to finally speak to him.

"A year or two? What am I supposed to do with myself till then? There's no way that I can live withou--" Keith cut me off by putting his fingers to my lips.

"Hush," he said as he stroked my cheek with his hand. "Everything will be alright, I promise."
That being said, he closed his eyes and leaned toward me, placing a gentle kiss upon my lips. After he had kissed me, he pulled me close again and with tears in his eyes, whispered in my ear.

"Never forget this, I love you."

~ ~ ~
I opened my eyes when I felt my own tears running down my cheek like the rivers that ran through the mountains.

"Two years" 
I said to myself as I walked over to the coffee table to get a few tissues to dry my eyes with. While I did so, I looked through the window in the kitchen at the gravel driveway.

"Keith, when are you coming back to me?"

Sighing once more, I took the box of tissues out of the living room and set them on the kitchen table as I went to pour myself a cup of coffee. As I walked back over to the table and was about to put my mug to my lips, I heard the sound of gravel moving the way it moves underneath the wheels of a truck. When the pickup finally parked in view of the window, my mug fell out of my hand and shattered on the floor at what I saw.

There stepping down out of the truck was Keith, bundled up in his Carhartt with a black cowboy hat atop his head. Leaning back he took in a deep breath and sighed in content.

"Ah, good Ol' Big Hor--!!"

Keith never got to finish that phrase because before he could say "Big Horn" I ran out of the cabin, leaped off the porch and ran straight into his unexpectedly awaiting arms. When Keith finally regained his bearings after I had knocked him to the ground with my embrace, he noticed it was me and wrapped his arms around me.

"Keith! Keith it's really you! God I thought you'd never come back."

With tears in his eyes this time, he tightly held me and tried his best to hold back the tears while he spoke but it was to no avail.

"I'm sorry I took so long baby. D-d-didn't mean te make you wait."

When he finally finished saying that, he had broken out fully in tears and clung to me desperately. Both of us nearly crushing each other in bear hug embraces. After a minute more of this, Keith suddenly pulled away and took my face in his hands, bringing it up towards him, which then allowed him to do what I had hoped he do for two long years. Keith took a pause to look at me feverishly with his brilliant blue eyes but then he violently crashed his lips into mine, kissing me passionately, never stopping till we had almost suffocated.

Keith and I finally pulled back when we figured it was too cold outside to keep kissing like this, unless we wanted our lips to freeze together.

"Come on," I said. "Let's go back inside."

"No," Keith said. "Let's go home."

And with no other arguments or delays of any kind, we walked back up the rest of the driveway, stepped up on the porch, walked in the door and came home. Finally.

© 2010 The Phantom King Alchemist


Author's Note

The Phantom King Alchemist
Lemme know what you think, I'm slowly but surely trying to get back into the flow of writing stuff and I've been playing around with Gay men for a little bit so I need to know for future reference how I did! =)

Oh and just so you know, Keith does have a bit of an accent so if you think that there's a typo when he talks, there really isn't I just did that so that you guys would know that "Oh! that's a bit of an accent!"

And yes the picture for this one is supposed to be of the Bighorn Mountains, but it's actually our setting. =D

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Awww! Love is love, whether it be straight or gay. This is cute!!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

402 Views
1 Review
Added on December 15, 2010
Last Updated on December 16, 2010
Tags: Jesse, Keith, Gay, Slash, Yaoi, Romance, Hurt, Comfort, Winter, Spring, Contest, Entry

Author

The Phantom King Alchemist
The Phantom King Alchemist

PA



About
Welcome, I am the Phantom King Alchemist, Conjurer of Angels, Demons, and Ghosts alike. ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ^^ Hi I'm Sara (Aka Cleopatra, or Cleo if you pr.. more..

Writing