My Master

My Master

A Chapter by Ellusive Rose
"

Siren is trying to make Tetsuya understand the line between servant and master

"

 

 

You're My Protector

Chapter 1- My Master

"Siren!! Siren!!" called the young master Tetsuya while running to meet the girl in front of him. The small girl turned around to face him and answer his call.

."Ni Hao. Hello master Tetsuya." said Siren smiling at him. He stopped in front of her and stared, taking in her appearence. Her long, silky, white hair flowed down the back of her long, black lined, dragon pattered, china dress. Tetsuya blushed a little, she really did look beautiful. He coughed into his hand before he spoke.

"I told you to just call me Tetsuya. We're friends after all." he said with a very comforting look, giving her the okay to say his name. Siren disregarded the order by shaking her head.Her white hair moved along with her as she did. She stopped and stared at the the brown eyed boy with her sorrowful crystal blue eyes also examining him. He was dressed in royal garments, a gold robe with red and black patterned lines running through it. He also wore white flowing pants and black slip on shoes. Such the formal attire for one with royal blood.

"It is true that we are friends...." she hesitated before she continued to speak, "......but I am merely a servent at the palace, under the rule of your father Master Teikari and your mother Mistress A'Meiya as are my parents, their protectors........ I too one day will be your protector, so it is my place to call you master Tetsuya." Siren bowed apologetically to Tetsuya who let out a sigh and went on to what he was originally going to say.

"Anyway Siren, look at this." he said, pulling out a hair clip from his pocket. Siren took the clip and stared at it in awe. The clip was in the shape of a flower, more so like the lotus blossums she had seen one year with her parents. It was pink and glossy with red little flowers spreading out from it. It was the most beautiful thing she had ever seen.

"It's beautiful." Siren said, her face brimming with happiness.

"I want you to have it."

Siren's face went into complete shock. She smiled a smile that only Tetsuya will see. Then she jumped up and down, squealing with excitment and stopped for she knew she had lost her composure for a moment.

 

"Can you put it on me?" she asked him, handing him the clip even though she knew it was a lot for a servent to ask their master. He agreed and took the clip from her snow white skin, which shined only only for a second when the sun hit her for a moment. He stepped towards her, carefully avoiding her dress. Then as gently as he could, he placed the clip in her hair and stepped away to look. Siren stroked her hair and placed it in front of her. Tetsuya blushed once again, turning his head away this time.

"Ni hen piao liang. Ni hen shi he zhe seong fa xing. You are beautiful. That hairstyle suits you." replied the bashful Tetsuya still averting his gaze from her. Siren smiled a smile even bigger than before and ran to hug him.

"Xie xie. Thank you." she said holding onto him tightly. Tetsuya's face became bright red like the crabs you usually found in the sea at the coast of China, the land they live on. Siren let go to look at his face realizing that she was out of line for doing so, but Tetsuya was too embarrassed to look at her. While looking down, he put his hands in his pockets and kicked at a small stone on the ground repeatedly.

"Bu yong xie. You're welcome." he said still too embarrssed to raise his head. Siren couldn't help but smile. A loud noise flew accross the land with the help of the wind, and found its way to the ears of the two children. The two's heads swiftly turned toward the direction of the palace, the two's home.

"Xian zia ji dian? What time is it master Tetsuya?" Siren asked continuing to look at the big, gold and red palace in the distance. Worry lines started to appear on her smooth pale forehead and Tetsuya was just as worried as she was. He looked at the clock that was on top opf the palace which would had been difficult for anyone but Tetsuya, because of his incredible sight.

"Zhong wu. Noon." he said sighing again at the fact that shge said master, already heading back to the palace. Siren followed Tetsuya's lead, picking up her long red dress to avoid it from being ruined by the sharp, pointy rocks and the disguting mud. She was struggling. Tetsuya noticed and grabbed her small hand to help her.

"Xie xie master Tetsuya." she said as she stayed close to the black haired boy who blushed when she momentarilly brushed his back. The two were almost at the palace , which looked enormous from close up. Its golden dragon statues and glossy floors were a sight to behold. They came across a bridge over a small stream which made Tetsuya flinch for he was afraid of the running water. She smiled, this gave her a chance to repay her master for helping her earlier. She held out her hand, offering her assitance to help him accross the stream.

"Master Tetsuya, would it be okay if I helped you accross?" she said to him, her hand still extended out to him. Tetsuya sighed again at the word "master", then smiled and took Siren's hand.

"You didn't have to ask, you know." he said as she started to lead him across the stream. When they reached the start of the bridge, Tetsuya closed his eyes and obediently followed Siren across it. Siren giggled at this. It was weird for a master to follow his servant with obedience, but just between herself, she actually really quite enjoyed the idea of being equals. After a few moments, they were across to the other side of the bridge, where the green grass of the meadow welcomed them. Siren let go of Tetsuya's hand and stood before him in a very respectful manor.

"You can open your eyes, master Tetsuya." Siren said gently. Tetsuya open his eyes, sighing as he did. Once again, she said "master", he thought to himself. Siren looked at him apologetically as if to say I’m sorry.

"Xie xie Siren." he said with a smile, then walked past her. Siren put her head down. I wonder if master Tetsuya is upset with me, she thought. He turned back to look at her.

"Aren’t you coming?" Siren looked up at him, nodded her head, then ran to meet him. After a few cuts and bruises, they finally made it to the palace. A woman with snow white hair, just like Siren and a man with short boren hair that looked like the color of tree bark, came out to meet the two. Siren stepped forward to greet them.

"Ni hao, Mother. Ni hao, Father." said Siren, bowing her head before them. The man and woman smiled at her and bowed their heads as well. Tetsuya stepped forward.

"Ni hao Ashunta. Ni hao Rohith." he said bowing gracefully just like Siren. Siren and her parents shared the same thoughts, he is the young master. He doesn’t have to bow to us. It’s not his place to, but he’s such a respectful boy. Ashunta and Rohith bowed their heads in the same manor except a little longer and more obediently then they had with their daughter Siren.

"Zao shang hao. Good Morning, young master Tetsuya." said Ashunta in a wind-chime voice. She fixed her long, black china dress, so that she looked appropriatebefore the young master. Tetsuya sighed again at the word "master", he hated the word. Siren looked at him apologetically once again. He really doesn'gt like the word, but we can't help it. It's Master Teikari's order that we must use that word. Im sorry master Tetsuya, she thought to herself. She looked in the direction of her mother and admired the patterned pink flower petals on her beautiful gown. Ashunta moved her long, longer than Sirern's, white hair to the front of her, just like Siren had down a few moments before. Her hair was in a single braid with a red ribbon tied at the bottom. She was pretty, just like Siren.

"Ni hao ma? How are you young master Tetsuya and Siren?" said Rohith in a deep muscular voice. He smiled at the two of them and stood in a straight, warrior-like position as if he was waiting for an order. His long, green china robe clung to his chest making every muscle visible to the naked eye. His white pants flowed freely at the bottom of his legs, moving along with him when he moved. Indeed, he is the perfect body gaurd and that fact is what makes him good at his job, protecting the royal family. Tetsuya sighed, but Rohith and Ashunta were oblivious to it. Siren immediately knew why without looking at him. Tetsuya recovered quickly.

"Zhen tong Kuai. Xie xie. I feel very well. Thank you." said Tetsuya. He gave a reassuring smile to Siren. Siren looked at him and sighed, she did not believe him even for a second. Rohith turned to Siren. She smiled at him and her mother, then returned the reassuring smile to Tetsuya. Rohith was very happy because he saw that his daughter was happy. Ashunta took notice of the beatiful clip in Siren's hair.

"Shi ni de ma? Is this yours Siren?" said Ashunta pointing to the pink flower clip that accented Siren's hair. Siren looked at where Ashunta was pointing. Suddenly, she remembered the beautiful present her master had given her earlier. She pulled it out of her hair and gave it to her mother to look at. She stepped back next to Tetsuya, bowed, than waited for her parent's thoughts. Tetsuya looked at Siren then blushed after he remembered the moment they had a few moments before.

"Who gave it to--" Rohith had started, but his wife Ashunta stopped him, motioning with her eyes to the answer to his question. Rohith followed her stare to the young master, then understood quickly. Ashunta remembered the time and stepped up to speak.

"Young master" Ashunta said gesturing towards Tetsuya, "Master Teikari and Mistress A'Meiya have requested your presence in the main hall." She stepped towards the door and stood there, fixing her dress again before entering the main hall. Rohith followed after her and bowed before leaving. Tetsuya and Siren were aone and the silence between them was so quiet that you could hear the stream's water running through the meadow. Tetsuya turned to the quiet Siren and extended his hand to her.

"WIll you go with me?" he ashed her smiling at her soothingly. Siren was unsure. She had nev er went into the main hall before and had only seen the Master and the Mistress once. The person she saw the most was only her master, Tetsuya. She looked at him questingly and he nodded to give her his approval. She grabbed his hand and returned his smile.

"I will go with you." she replied. Tetsuya guided her to the door to the main hall. Siren let go of his hand to fix her dress, just like her mother had, making sure she looked decent before her masters. She fixed her hair, now noticing that her mother still had the beautiful present in her possesion. She sighed and Tetsuya took notice. He laid his hand on her shoulder and looked her in the eyes, not blushing for the first time.

"Ni hen piao liang." he said and grabbed her hand once again and led her through the door of the main hall. They were greeted by the golden haired twins, Maaike and Maartje on the other side. They were dressed in short blue dresses with gold embroidery in the shape of a lion and dragon. Maaike with the dragon and Maartje wth the lion.

"Ni hao Brother, and you too servant girl." said the twins in unison, while bowing to Tetsuya. Maartje glanced in Siren's direction, coldly, then caught Tetsuya's glare and looked away. Siren looked at Tetsuya and gave him a look as if to say it's okay, I'm used to it. Siren and Tetsuya returned their gestured bows. Maartje walked gracefully to the other end of the hall, where the Master and the Mistress stayed. Maaike ran to try to catch up to Maartje, but tripped on her long sleves and fell to the ground. She looked as if she was ready to cry. I have to go help the young mistress, Siren thought and started to walk towards Maaike, but a cold glare from Maartje stopped her in her tracks. It looked as if she wanted to say, If you go near her, I'll make sure you are kicked out immediately. Maartje walke back to her sister and whispered something very fast and soft in her ear. Maaike eyes grew wide as she talked. Maartje walked away from her and Maaike stood up, brushed herself off, the walked swiftly to her mother and father's side.

"Come in my son." said a rythmic voice. Siren jumped and Tetsuya calmed her nerves. The voice belonged to none other than Master Teikari who was sitting next to his wif Mistress A'Meiya. He was wearing a long, golden robe similar to Tetsuya's except his was outlined in a fine black cloth, without any pattern running through it. His hair was covered by a hat, but you could somewhat see the black hair strands come out from underneath it. His brown eyes were stern and yet seemed to have a gentle side to it. His wife A'Meiya was dressed in a red chinese ceremonial gown, with black outlining and designs. It was so long that it touched the ground while she was sitting on her throne.Gold jewlery were draped all around her. She had blondish hair tied into a bun held together by golden copsticks, which was weird for a Chinese lady to have, but Siren always thought that she was very extravogant and pretty.

"Don't keep us waiting boy." A'Meiya said sternly. Tetsuya's eyes narrowed. She may be beautiful, but she has a cat's personality, he thought to himself before taking Siren's hand. A'Meiya grunted. She was not really fond of the idea for one of royal lood to be all buddy, buddy with a servant. Teikari looked at his wife from the side, then tuned his attention on the two children walking towards them. As Siren followed her master by the force of his tight grip, she started to take notice of the other servants in the room. All were dressed according to their status. Head servants were dressed in red, co servants dressed in green, and all other servans dressed in pink. Standing on the Master's side, was her father Rohith and on the Mistress's side was Ashunta.

"Don't let my mother's and sisters's actions bother you." Tetsuya whispered to Siren quickly. Siren shook her head in agreement. They made it to the other side of the room. Siren noticed that the servants who were once standing up, now were on the ground, bowing to the Master.

"We are here father." Tetsuya said to his father, Teikari. Master Teikari looked at him then at Siren, who immediatley bowed down before them. He stood up off his throne and walked over to her. The room was silent waiting to know what was going to happen next. He stopped in front of the bowing Siren.

"Raise your head, Siren." he said placing a hand on her shoulder. Siren looked up at the Master, who smiling at her not wwith his mouth, but with his eyes. She stood there motionless, her mouth hanging open. Then finally se collected her thoughts and spoke.

"I-I-It is an honor to stand before you Master." she stuttered. The Master smiled.

"And you will stand before me plenty more times." Siren looked at him confused. What does he exactly mean? she pondered to herself. Master Teikari saw this and cleared his throat before he spoke.

"I will be in need of your time. Actually, Tetsuya will be in need of more of your time."

"What do you mean father?" said the young master confused by the whole turn of events. A'Meiya was getting impatient with the whole situation. She spoke out in a stern and shrewd voice.

"He means the time for her to be your protector has come, you stupid boy!" A'Meiya shouted angrilly at Tetsuya. Master Teikari looked at her annoyed, which made her flinch back and stay quiet. That woman needs to learn to control herself, thought Tetsuya who was looking sourly at her. Siren spoke after a long period of silence.

"Master if I may?" Siren asked Master Teikari in a gentle, respectful tone. Master Teikari turned back to her after shooting one last glare at his wife.

"Go ahead Siren."

"The time has come to fufill my duties to master Tetsuya, but why? If I may ask." She looked at Tetsuya who was just as confused as she, both wanting to know te truth of the matter. Teikari cleared his throat.

"My life is coming to an end." he said calmly. The whole room let out a loud gasp of shock and disbelief. Teikari calmed everyone down before he continued to speak.

"The doctors have told me, since I was young, that I wouldn't live very long." he continued. He walked over to his son, Tetsuya, placing a hand on his shoulder.

"You are my successor and because of it you are in grave danger." He said sternly to Tetsuya. He stepped back to look at both Tetsuya and Siren.

"I believe that my brothers will be vying for the spot, so they will be after you. They will do anything that's neccessary in achieving their goals including killing you, your family........" He stared at Siren before he continued the sentence. "Or the ones you keep close to your heart."

Everyone was silent trying to to figure out what to do next. Tetsuya stepped forward to speak.

"I won't let that happen." he said then stared back at Siren, "It will never happen, I swear."

"Good my son. Now go it's getting late. You need to rest for tomorrow." he said, then turning to Siren, "You too young Siren, tomorrow we start your training, so tat you will be able to protect master Tetsuya at all cost."

"Yes Master." Siren said and bowed. Teikari left the room accompanied by A'Meiya, Maaike and Maartje. The room was in dead silence as groups of servants began to depart from the room. Siren turned to Tetsuya.

"I will protect you with my life, master Tetsuya." she said full of heart. Tetsuya smiled and hugged her goodbye.

"I know you will Siren." he whispered into her ear, then let go of her and waved her goodbye. Siren stood there stunned. Master gave me a hug, I am honored, she thought, I will protect him with my life, I have to, he believes in me.

"Siren! It's time to go!." said her mother Ashunta waving for her to come. Siren ran over to her mother and father to their rooms. Everyone went to sleep.

Something's burning.......It smells like ash and burning wood. Cough...Cough.......Can't breathe, Siren thought while she was in mid-sleep.

 

"Ren!.........Siren!......Siren! Wake Up!" said a loud voice that was so familiar to her, but she was so dazed that she couldn't pin point it. Someone was shaking her for a minuite, then all of a sudden, she was soaking wet. She sprang up so fast she could have gotten a headache, to find her master, Tetsuya looking at her terrified.

"Master....Tetsuya? What's the matter?....." she said half conscience. Tetsuya was crying. Siren began to worry, "What's wrong master?!"

"O-One of the b-brothers attacked us while we we're a-asleep!" he said hysterically trying to explain, "T-They set the whole p-palace on f-fire and a f-few servants got k-killed!" Siren started to proccess this in her head and jumped out of bed. She looked around for her mother and father , but they were nowhere to be found. Is the Master, Mitress, and young mistresses okay?, she thought to herself. She quickly turned to the terrified Tetsuya.

"Is your family alright?" she said in a calm but stern voice. Tetsuya still crying, nodded his head yes, then spoke.

"Y-yes, Ashunta and R-Rohith got them out of the house. They're still inside f-fighting of the enemies. I-I came back t-to get you b-because I w-was worried." he said calming down, "There in the m-main hall." Siren placed a hand on his shoulder.

"It will be alright, but you have to get out of here quick. Please master....." she said in a gentle voice. He shook his head and stood up, holding on to Siren. Siren and Tetsuya ran through the fire, passing falling burning planks and nearly getting burned alive. In a few short moments they reached the area where the Master, his family and a few surviving serants were waiting for the outcome of the the deadly fire. Siren brought Tetsuya to Master Teikari, then she turned toward the direction of the fire. I have to go in there and help them, she thought to herself. Teikari put a hand on her shoulder.

"Don't go in there, you'll be killed!" he yelled over the sound of the blazing fire. Siren turned to him and bowed.

"I'm sorry Master, but I just go and help them!" Siren yelled back so he could hear. She then ran into the flames before anyone could stop her.

"SIREN!" yelled the Master, but Siren was already inside. She doged the falling wood and pushed through blazing doors, suffering a few minor burns in the proccess. She came to the door to the main hall, with the smoke getting in her eyes and making it difficult to breathe. Then she took a couple of steps back and ran into the door knocking it down. She sat in pain only for a second remembering that she was there to look for her parents. She heard yells and grunts coming from in front of her. She looked up to see her parent's fighting with men and women in white robes. Feet were flying into stomachs and fist connected to faces. Ashunta was fighting with an average height woman with long black hair, when a man with a sword tried to strike her fro behind.

"Mother!" Siren called. Ashunta saw the man, turned around swiftly and kicked the sword out of his hands. She turned around to look at Siren only for a second and then it happened. A large man with a large, sharp sword, shoved it thorugh Ashunta's chest. Pools of blood, dripped from her. He took the sword out and she dropped o the floor with a thud. Siren's eyes grew wide as the severity of the situation sank in. Her mother was killed right before her and she couldn't do anything about it. Tears streammed down her cheeks.

"Mother?!......Mother?!....MOTHER!!!!!!" she cried out. The tears running like a river down her face. Rohith heard Siren's blood curdling cries and turned to find Ashunta's body on the floor in a pudle of blood. Rohith ran to her, tears running down his cheeks as well.

"Ashunta! Please hold on!" he cried out to her, but it was no use she was already dead. Siren continued to cry, but suddenly saw the black shadow of the large man behind her father. Siren tried to scream, but her voice wouldn't come out. Tears continued to pour faster than ever. Finally the words managed to come out.

"FATHER! LOOK OUT!!!" she managed to cry out, but it was already to late. The man shoved his swod between her father's chest and just like her mother, he fell to the grouund and bled to death. She couldn't believe her eyes, first her mother then her father.

"NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!" she cried in a blood curdling scream. The large man looked at her and was approaching her quickly. Siren scurried to the back porch outside the main hall. The man got close to her and raised his sword. One strike. That was all it would take to kill her. She closed her eyes waiting for the inevitable, when a woman called out to the large man.

"Bunta! Come on the place is coming down. We'll retreat for now. Leave that scrawny looking thing alone." the woman said then disappeared into the fire. Bunta grunted and stared at Siren, eyes blood thirsty.

"You got lucky this time kid, but next time you won't be." he said darkly, then he disapeared into the flames as well. Siren sat there motionless, not even noticing the flames that raged wildly.

"Siren!" said Master Teikari who saw the bruised girl on the floor. He tried calling out to her again, ut he saw in her colorless eyes tat she wouldn't respond. He grabbed her small body in his arms and carried her out to safety. An hour had passed before the flames have completely turned the palace into ashes. Siren sat there still motionless on the ground. Master Teikari approached her.

"Siren.....I know losing your parents is a lot. They were great protectors, but everything will turn otut for the better. I know it will." he said trying to comfort her. Siren still didn't show any signs of movement. Master Teikari took out her hair clip that she had gotten from her master. Siren looked up to look at this, some of the color returning to her eyes. Master Teikari placed it in her hands.

"My servants had found it in the fire. I think you will need it." he said, then cleared his throat to continue, "Siren, I'm going to send you to a place to train your skills as a protector." Siren looked up at him, but she wasn't even caring.

"One of my servents will take you. You won't see us for a while,but when you are ready, we shall meet again." he said in a calm voice, then he motioned towards Tetsuya, "Say goodbye, Tetsuya. You won't be seeing her for quite some time." Tears were coming down Tetsuya's face, but he wiped them off with his sleve. Then in a sudden burst of energy, he ran to Siren and hugged her tight.

"Siren, please don’t forget about me. We’ll meet again, I promise." he whispered into her ear. Siren was too drawn to respond to anything. Tetsuya let go and went back to his familiy’s side. Master Teikari spoke for the last time.

"Reina" he motioned towards a brown haired servant girl, a head servant. She came and squatted at the Master’s side.

"What is your order my Master?" she replied in a gentle voice.

"Please look after Siren and take her to Master Yen." he said to her in a soft, demanding tone.

"As you wish Master." she said and walked over to Siren. She took Siren’s small body in her arms and began to walk away from the Master. When they disappeared from sight, Master Teikari spoke.

"She will be strong, but I hope that she will only protect and nothing else." he said. The family and the surviving servants walked off in the opposite direction in search of their new home. Tetsuya looked back and whispered something before he left.

"Siren, my life belongs to you and you only."

End of Chapter

 This is a chapter from an original story written by, Imani Smith 1994 on May 15 2009

 



© 2009 Ellusive Rose


Author's Note

Ellusive Rose
anything goes

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Nice start.
Looking forward to the rest.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

300 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on June 16, 2009
Last Updated on June 24, 2009


Author

Ellusive Rose
Ellusive Rose

Valley Stream, NY



About
Hi, i am a 16 year old girl who loves to write and draw more than anything. Im just starting out with writng stories, so please don't be hard on me okay? That doesn't mean leave out important deta.. more..

Writing