Str8 Laced

Str8 Laced

A Book by Pheare Alexander
"

Who do you live your life for?

"

Chapters


© 2011 Pheare Alexander


Author's Note

Pheare Alexander
Synopsis
Who do you live your life for?

My name is Dr. Jocelyn Reynolds. I ran a successful practice in child psychiatry until the day I was abducted by a woman suffering from severe psychosis, McClaine Henry. “Who do you live your life for?” I lay in a one-room dungeon for eight weeks, trying to find the answer to that question. I felt her eyes lurking in the corner—watching me. Her icy touch seared my skin. The torture, the suffering was nearly intolerable. Until the day I met her, I thought I lived my life for my blossoming family and my passion for helping children. But Once I left my captor, I found that my life may be best spent searching for deeper truths.

Psychosis, just like cancer, permeates the mind. The difference between the two diseases is that one affects only the inflicted individual and the other spreads to infect others—the victims. I’ve never fully discussed the events that took place in that dungeon with McClaine. For the past nine years, I’ve done everything to keep the nightmare suppressed far inside the deepest recesses of my psyche. For nine years, I’d been successful … until Karen, my best friend and fellow therapist, was kidnapped too. Her abductor, a seasoned serial killer, reached out to me for help, and he warned that my friend’s life, and countless others, could be spared if I just took a moment to listen to his plight. The mere thought that Karen could be enduring the torture I had faced, forced me to walk into the shadows and follow into the footsteps of Chicago’s newest nemesis.

To catch a sociopath you must think like one—become one. I’ve met one before. McClaine was rare. And although I’ve spent nine years trying to forget her, working the case of Karen’s abduction has forced me to drudge up past demons and confront the truth. McClaine will always be a part of me … I realize that now.

Today, I live my life to maintain an ideal daydream.


My Review

Would you like to review this Book?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

162 Views
Added on April 21, 2011
Last Updated on April 21, 2011

Author

Pheare Alexander
Pheare Alexander

Chicago, IL



About
Pheare Alexander is the newest sadistic mind in contemporary psychological and horror fiction. Due to her own mental instability much of her history is unknown. She has said most of her life has bee.. more..

Writing