The Way She Walked

The Way She Walked

A Book by Phibby Venable


© 2008 Phibby Venable


My Review

Would you like to review this Book?
Login | Register




Reviews

I really loved the first stanza of this -

"Thunderbolts slide off my shoulders
I am acclimated to natural disasters
and pretend to be busy
cutting back the bloody roses"

Just the image of you with thunderbolts sliding off your shoulders and cutting roses back during this whole scene is wonderful. I love the fierceness and the strength you describe so eloquently here.

Great job.

Posted 16 Years Ago


For some reason this reminds me of Emily Dickinson. I thik it is the shortness and the wording. There is great imagr in your piece and I really enjoy that. I'm a visual person so this was a very clear the picture in my mind. I specially liked the line "cutting back the bloody roses", it felt like you were perhaps pruning bad memories, and the line "gather invisible portraits" this one reminded me of reining in our emotions, or not letting them get away from us.
This was a very good write, I'm glad I read it.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Some wonderful phrases--e.g.,"recluse cardinals" "sweaty plod" of the gods--in a short but completely intergrated whole. A very nice little write.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Love this piece, the strength and defiance of it. It has a bit of attitude, no? And, as always, beautiful words woven into a tapestry of thought. :)

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I didn't take you as a gardner. This is the beginning of a storm I take it but it leads me to a different ending of thought. I like the work and would like to read more.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 3 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

426 Views
Added on March 8, 2008
Last Updated on March 9, 2008

Author

Phibby Venable
Phibby Venable

abingdon, VA



About
http://youtu.be/25XE-BHGvWI http://youtu.be/B2klgDKMUq0 I live in the mountains of Southwest Virginia. Although my passion is poetry, I recently published a novel called, Women of the Round Tabl.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..