snow road

snow road

A Poem by Phibby Venable

Snow Road

I will drive you, uphill or down,
according to how I approach you.
You are my road of the moment.
You are my private passion.
You are a field of dairy farms and barns.
You lean in ribs of open light.
I love the way your sun distributes light.
You are the thought and silence of the stones,
a world of nudity and plain,
displaying beauty in your own good time.
A herd of cows surround your feeding trough.
A mountain rises up behind it all.
I walk your road and push the rocks aside.
I run wild horses to kick up the dust.
Twist and turn, flow on in turns and tangles.
You are the road I walk to kick the snow.

© 2009 Phibby Venable


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

What this piece does--and indeed, what is a significant part of your particular and distinctive magic--is take the simple everyday things--and things that are often disparate--and put them together in a manner that elevates them above the commonplace and ties them together to illustrate relationships and commonalities that, having them laid before us, makes us wonder why we hadn't seen it all before. It is rare that genius and gentleness come together, and praise be that we get to witness it on a regular basis.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

wow, what a beautiful piece to wake up to..it goes so well w/ the song I'm listening to.."the great escape"
between the two, you're helping me cry again..you have a way of doing that. [=

exquisite..you are free and wild, yet composed and graceful; it's a pleasant contrast. Surreal almost. Yes, surreal.

Posted 15 Years Ago


What this piece does--and indeed, what is a significant part of your particular and distinctive magic--is take the simple everyday things--and things that are often disparate--and put them together in a manner that elevates them above the commonplace and ties them together to illustrate relationships and commonalities that, having them laid before us, makes us wonder why we hadn't seen it all before. It is rare that genius and gentleness come together, and praise be that we get to witness it on a regular basis.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I know that road. I know those farms. I find my way back there every so often. Nothing makes me wax poetic so much as the smell of manure and silage. The scene of so many girlhood adventures takes in my children sometimes, too.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

198 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on February 19, 2009

Author

Phibby Venable
Phibby Venable

abingdon, VA



About
http://youtu.be/25XE-BHGvWI http://youtu.be/B2klgDKMUq0 I live in the mountains of Southwest Virginia. Although my passion is poetry, I recently published a novel called, Women of the Round Tabl.. more..

Writing