The Limitless World

The Limitless World

A Story by Aventicus
"

Imagine with me.

"

I want you to all imagine with me for a moment. Dig deep into the creative parts of your brain and choose at random. The only thing you want for now are the general basics of a story: setting, characters, and plot. Now take those basic concepts and think to yourself: “What can I make with these? How many worlds, circumstances, and characters can I build with these bare concepts?” When you think about it, which I hope you are, you’ll find that the options are, depending on what you chose, fairly limited. But, let’s say for the sake of Imagination, that there was such a world, a world where the Imagination was so limitless that not even the bounds of reality could contain its power. Where you could do anything, be anywhere, be anyone you wanted. Where no one could tell you no, where no one could hold you back, where you could truly for the first time in your life taste Freedom and know its joy. Well, you’ll be happy to know that such a place exists and is not as far away as you might think. And it in fact is where our story begins with one little girl who would visit that place as often as she could.

            “I…I’m flying. I’m flying! Haha! This is amazing! I’ve never felt so free before in my life! The trees, the grass, the water in the lakes, all of it; I’ve never seen anything so beautiful. So many different colors and here I am soaring above them like a majestic eagle! I can do anything! Nothing is holding me down! I have no shackles! I have no boundaries! I have freedom! *Miss, it’s time for lunch* Darkness, then her eyes opened. She looked out the hospital window with sudden longing as the nurse prepared her meal.

© 2016 Aventicus


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

116 Views
Added on July 7, 2016
Last Updated on September 28, 2016

Author

Aventicus
Aventicus

Portsmouth, VA



About
It would seem that I am no more than a mere human with a mind for hubris, fatalism, and philosophy. Still, I wish to be more than I am. "Men armed with dangerous ideas are far more threatening than.. more..

Writing