Carnations

Carnations

A Poem by Phoen-ix

Don't show up at my doorstep

With lilies

in your delicate hands

Instead

Bring me clementines

And I will show you

That the sweetness

Within the pulp

Will not be the same

As the sweet sight 

Of chaos 

Around our feet

And if you do show up

With flowers in your hands

Rip them from the earth

Root and all

We'll plant them in the garden

And together

We'll watch them

 Wither

Then you will know

That we are

Bittersweet. 

 

© 2014 Phoen-ix


Author's Note

Phoen-ix
For the last little while, I have noticed that it has become increasingly difficult to write. Right before I write anything at all, I play with words and come up with phrases and then I have the urge to spill everything. However, this weekend, I wasn't able to sleep at all and couldn't get rid of a headache because I was unable to spill my thoughts.. Finally, I wrote this. Haha, does anybody have any tips for writer's block?

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is great! Writer's block is something i am currently dealing with and it basically helps me to read, but that's just me.

Posted 10 Years Ago


awesome thanks for sharing

Posted 10 Years Ago


An exciting piece, bitter sweet indeed.. Enjoyed it

Posted 10 Years Ago


This is excellent. Bittersweet indeed, poignant and well thought out x

Posted 10 Years Ago


This piece is great. Love it. Writers block? I have no answers... but when I get blocked, I like to just sit with a pen in hand and free write ALL AND WHATEVER comes to mind... It usually frees some clutter and makes way for the flow of thought. For me at least. And some of it can turn to the magic we seek sometimes. Though, the tree has no butter, was on the last pages when I did this... yeah... that will go nowhere. ;)

Posted 10 Years Ago


I find that if I force myself to write, regardless of the actual quality of what I'm writing, I just don't like it very much. I wait for the ideas that just burst out of me and are unstoppable. Sometimes it takes time. Until that happens I try to read a lot because that's the best way for me to get good ideas going. I think some people might say the opposite though and insist that you should write all the time.

But, in regards to this poem, I think it's awesome. I really like the imagery of putting the flowers back in the ground. Reminds me a bit of a Rise Against song... Great job.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Nicely written. Sense of growth within this.

Writers write when they can. Never force it. Try and listen to different records. Experience different aspects of life. Sounds obvious but trust me.

Posted 10 Years Ago


I see frustration and acceptance in this work. A recognition of non conformity, and a resignation to the destructive nature of it. Very well written.

As for writer's block... I don't get it ... I get writer's cramp where my mind finds excuses not to write. But eventually I have to. IF I can't think of anything to write, I write anyway. Sometimes what comes out isn't all garbage, but most times I end up just destroying it all. But it helps.

Posted 10 Years Ago


I forgot how much I enjoy your poems, I liked this one alot and I'm sorry to hear about the strike of writers block, you'll come out of it. Thanks for the read request

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

415 Views
10 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 27, 2014
Last Updated on January 27, 2014

Author

Phoen-ix
Phoen-ix

Canada



About
There's not much to say. more..

Writing
Mirrors Mirrors

A Poem by Phoen-ix


Self Love Self Love

A Poem by Phoen-ix



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Cell mate. Cell mate.

A Poem by Phoen-ix


Ivory Ivory

A Poem by Phoen-ix