Peace of Mind

Peace of Mind

A Poem by Phoen-ix

Peace of mind is only given in a room with 
White walls
A twin sized bed and a view of
Genuine poverty
Had my memory come back to me 
I could of sworn I was telling
Someone else's story of
Psychopathy
What I didn't know then and what 
I do know now
Is that our very beings are more fragile than
What we believe them to be

© 2016 Phoen-ix


Author's Note

Phoen-ix
I've been away for some time because my writing hasn't been up to par and my overall mental stability hasn't been..well, where it should be. I was hospitalized a few months ago and diagnosed with bipolar. Everything has been starting to hit me lately, the reality of it, so I thought I would get back to my writing-even if it hasn't been very good. Criticism is always welcome. I was just playing around with some words, no editing. Thank you. :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

well this is an absolutely well penned piece. simple yet deep upon reflection. i like it. well done

Posted 7 Years Ago


My favorite poems are those in which I am able to live, if only for a brief moment, vicariously through the writer and their words. This is an amazing write, miss. Hopefully you're in a better place than you were a few months ago. Chin up.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Sometimes the best poetry is raw, rough around the edges, simple, and or just straight from the heart.

I get that impression with this piece.

Sometimes when I can't write or think I can't write (which has been the case for a while now) just doing something from the heart, despite what it looks like, I find can help.

Anyway, I like what you've written. It's simple, yet thought provoking. And you've inspired me to stop making excuses and write something. Maybe I'll post something new here soon ;)

Posted 7 Years Ago


Any time our brains don't fire the way we or the world expects them to it is difficult. I wonder if writers are especially sensitive to this - as well as artists as it seems we struggle with what the world deems "sanity"
Writing is cathartic. Keep doing it. And there are those of us who will understand on some level your struggle.
My younger child went through several years of misdiagnosis before we finally found out what his issue was and it was surprisingly a physical issue that he is able to maintain without medication. The word bipolar came up. So did the word Autism. In reality - he has serious food issues. Like I said, we spent years...almost a decade fighting with schools and seeking treatments. He is twenty now and whole. When you find out what you are dealing with - that is half the battle. Peace.

Posted 8 Years Ago


So true!
Writing is the best therapy (sanity-tightener) I know. Hang in there, Ph



Posted 8 Years Ago


Love it!
I didn't think I would be reading something like this when I clicked on it, but I love it!!
Keep it up!!

Posted 8 Years Ago


What a beautiful and honest piece of work ... it's true, all of it's true in hindsight, you know once you have passed through it all, cos that's when you get to look back and go 'hey, that s**t was real'. I very much appreciate your authors note. My friend is bipolar - it's funny cos she is crazy as hell and in her crazyness I see myself so much but I struggle to understand what she goes through. When she tells me - not this week babe, I tread a little lighter with my elephant stompers ... but I persevere and even though she tells me she doesn't want me around - when she swings back my way she is always grateful. I got her to contribute to my blog, just so she can voice what she feels. She's so damn articulate in her thoughts.

I'd love it if you can have a read, even better if you felt like commenting - I just know how much it would mean to her ...

http://thedailywrite.net/mental-notes-from-a-girl-making-friends-with-depression/

anyway - welcome back to the site and welcome back to the light :) stay and play a while XXX

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

401 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 18, 2016
Last Updated on March 18, 2016

Author

Phoen-ix
Phoen-ix

Canada



About
There's not much to say. more..

Writing
Mirrors Mirrors

A Poem by Phoen-ix


Self Love Self Love

A Poem by Phoen-ix



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Now Now

A Poem by isus