Yogurt Paradise

Yogurt Paradise

A Story by Rilind Dragoshi
"

A recount of my best yogurt experience

"

Oh the paradise of sweet, the most lovely of places of yogurt that my ear has heard, even if it be  only such place vibratory waves proclaimed at my ear.  I had heard of this place many a time.  "It is delicious" many would say.  "Nutella, chocolate, many flavors," another would add.  "Try it" another would interject.  These and many more fine words had I heard about this fine place and mentioned paradise of yogurt, and therefor intended in my heart that I would venture out and for myself taste of its great tidings.  Many plans were made to go there,.  "Friday'" my little sister said.  "This weekend," I replied, expecting that indeed I would have more time to travel and also would have a greater need for a braeak.  Thus my mind had been prepared.  My brain had been ready for the journey.  My mouth, also was ready for the food, for the delicious taste of sweetness that would be found there.  I could only imagine and delicious sweet taste, even before I had gone there.  Thus, I knew I would enjoy it.  If it was great in my mind and so would it be there.  It can be even better? The answer to that, both in foresight and in hindsight both was and is a lasting yes.

 

Today the plan had been made, and the built up excitement built even more.  It was not yet known who would go to this wondrous place of delight and sweetness.  Indeed thought I that I would and also that my father perhaps, with my sister.  Indeed this was planned, but the others, they did not instantly come.  I implored them to come too, but no they would not.  They were not hungry.  Indeed paradise is only for those who shall go.  "Blessed are the hungry for they shall be filled"." Well spoke this prophet who said this, and truthfully even today this applied to the situation at hand.  However, he clearly made it clear by these words why some who were not as hungry as perhaps they should have been were not going to receive any yogurt.

 

At any rate, I had begun to prepare and leave the house.  I had promptly received my wallet to my hands, ready to make the pay and make the path free for the rest of my kin, both fathers and uncle and sister alike.  Indeed many of them would not hear  of me paying.  My father laughed and aquiesed but my uncle said no, and then yes jokingly.  It was left at that and I walked towards the car, that which would drive me to this paradise of yogurt.  The wind was very light.  It was gold though, and the light wind rose and cooled, to the point where I had swung on a hood.  However, when I said in my mindt I was heaven-bound both today and in the hereafter, the wind reseeded.  Poetically speak that's what occurred, but according to the laws of logic and physics it did so for a much more simplistic reason and that specific reason is my simple opening of a door and quick entrance into the vihacle that would get me there.  The door was shut and all entered, mn sister, my uncle in the back myself in the front, and my father on the driver seat.  It went firstly at a slow speed.  The engine rumbled just slightly, almost as if it too knew where we were going and it too was hungry.  However unfortunately for the car it would not have getting any yogurt regardless of what any prophet said about the hungry.  It would simply drive us to where we needed to go.  At one time it would stop.  However it would then start.  This happened 5 minutes into the  drive but also many minutes later, the 14 minute mark.  Then it stepped, we had arrived.

 

Everyone left the car one by one, first uncle, then sister, then father, and then son.  I opened the door, slightly cautiously, the light shining in my eyes and the wonder and deep thoughts of chocolate and yogurt possibly dazing me just a little bit.  When Father asked if I was going to eat in life or in dreams, I was suddenly jolted to action and movement and thus walked forward.  The wind was much lighter this time, only a breeze.  The sun also shown.  Perhaps this was the heavenly entrance.  For when one enters, the angels shall say peace, and also the people shall say peace.  This is the real heaven, but perhaps this was a man-made paradise.  Perhaps it was an inspired one.  In any case regardless of these ideas, it was definitely one for yogurt.  Thus I walked towards the building, only to find a stair case of three stairs.  My hand firstly touched the stairway only to notice the wooden knob-like feeling of the porch.  This was, as I had realized, quite similar to the very porch that I had at home.  Thus, I cautiously took each step measuring in the air the distance with which my feet would go, my father 's arm beside me and  reached the door.  The moment of truth and discovery and the very anticipation's fulfillment had arrived.  I opened the door and entered.  The moment of experience of the actual destination and the wonders therein had at long last arrived.

 

Much can be said of this place.  It was not a cold place, as one may expect of a place where frozen yogurt is sold.  It was rather the opposite,  but I did not discover this at that moment.  Rather, I heard many discuss the delicious taste.  Most spoke of orders and flavors, and yet others spoke the french tongue.  I understood neither of them  for well due to the freezer and cooler's constant humm and steady, continuous, non-pausing sound.  It sounded like a the average fridge with a hairdrier-like sound.  Entering I heard many being given instructions.  "Have you been here before" all would be asked.  One said no and yet I could tell this was a welcoming gesture to those who were newcomers and had not arrived before.  "Would you like a stamp?" Some would ans yes but most no.  I dead not get one for my experience would mark presence more than any stamp, and it would be the experience that would impress upon me the wonders of having arrived.  Thus it would be that I entered.  The lever on the left was for the goods on the left, that can be put on yogurt.  The same went for the lever on the right.  There was greek yogurt, but I opted not for it but for a new flavro being related many times, and to the constant "have you be here before," "lever on left) and other such statements, my father explained the flavors.  The sister had chocolate and vanilla, and strawberries.  I took much more.  On the left I took the chocolate peanut butter was told of it and said yes, took also the strawberry, and confirmed also the peanut butter.  On the right, The coconut, the M and m or I will call more and more,  the oatmeal, the real strawberries, kiwi fruit.  All this I placed on the yogurt.  The payment area was next.  I pulled out my wallet to obediently pay the requested 28.01 only for my uncle to firmly order it back in my pocket.  I wished to pay, but was compelled to accept a free yogurt, which perhaps was not a bad idea.  We then sat down on the corner seats.  I took of my coat.  I was not frozen like the yogurt, but rather very warm.  Thus far the light was not bright.  Upon sitting I could feel the sun.  Upon sitting I also began to eat.  All my companions, sister and uncle said it was good.  I began to sit and ate.  The flavors would transition.

I one bite was chocolate-like, sundae-flavored, sweet and delicious.  Another was a peanut-buttter slightly thirst-creating taste.  Another bite was a syrupy melty flavor.  with a sweet taste of melting sugar.  Then the fourth was a coconut.  The fifth bite and half of the other bites proceeding were of all of the flavors so at a strong, sweet, coconut-like, rough favor existed.  It caused a sweet, strong cocolike taste that left a feeling of chocolate and coconut five minutes  after the bite.  Then when fruit was also added to this taste it became chocolaty, tropical , and strong, and coconut-filled all at once.  The sun would hit my face whenever I raised my spoon to my head, as the head tilted for the tasting.  Indeed this also brought a cold taste towards the end.  I was warm, among family, thankful, tranquil, and content.  However I was also energized.  No moment ad like this combined with tropical taste comes often.  Thus, I completed this particular movement.  At the very end all had finished and I still lingered.  Head town, taste view sun, strong sweet tropical coconut taste, repeat cycle, that chocolate taste, repeat entire cycle.  Thus was the procedure that occurred.  At the end my mouth was cold and I was full.  I stood up and felt the sun on my face.  We left to head for the car.  This was better than icecream, better than chocolate, and better than tropical.  As I left for the door knowing it was the closest to a paradise of yogurt that I would see on earth and also felt mentally the images of the day, I made a mental carving written in fine yogurt.  Both in commitment as well as my heart and will, it read the words "I will return."

© 2013 Rilind Dragoshi


Author's Note

Rilind Dragoshi
Any feedback is appreciated. This is my first thurrough description of just 1 specific scene, so any comments are greatly appreciated.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

240 Views
Added on February 3, 2013
Last Updated on February 3, 2013
Tags: yogurt, restaurant, delicious, paradise, thankful, sweet, family, happy

Author

Rilind Dragoshi
Rilind Dragoshi

Canada



About
I enjoy reading, writing, walks, hockey, and food among other things. I am studying to get a Psych degree. Also, I throw shotput and enjoyrunning track, and hoold a provincial record. My writing is do.. more..

Writing