"A godless country"

"A godless country"

A Poem by PoeT4994
"

Explaining my thoughts on the crisis in Ethopia, although it is a crisis in a fair portion of all of Africa in general.

"
Flys creeping across glassed eyeballs.
Stomachs bulging from eating diseased nothingness.
Limp limbs, too exhausted to die...too dead to struggle.
Cloth hanging from acidizing skin, melting into their bed materials, falling into dirt.
Drips mix, skin cells and soil, a ground too harsh to walk on.
The smell of dead breath, fecal matter, and lifeless bodies wofts around into blockaded noses.
Ribs concaving on lungs, exempting breath, gasping around blockages in the throat.
Ripped flesh, disease dining on disease...blood being spilt on the inside of punctured spleens.
Dying; dying off into the dirt they were born.
Lives built around dying; deaths built around pennies.
Squeezing pennies into rice, breaking their fingers with the force of depression falling on top of them.
On top of men, women, and children.
Representatives, with bellies full off of dinner that could feed eight families for a month, talking about giving.
A man with a white beard, getting paid hundreds of dollars to tell you about the mere dimes you need to send to save lives.
Getting paychecks of lives, zeros resembling another ethiopian dead.
In one year, one million lives were lost to this.
Chunk of the world gone, in a split second.
Endangered species list-new additions: Africans, caring thoughts.
Snot dripping out of sinused nostrils into mouths.
Saliva spittling out of mouths onto knees.
Knees, dug into dirt...too exhausted to raise hands and pray.
Hands, reaching for hope behind the air, behind visions of exempted dreams.
Snakes creeping across stoned bodies.
Stomachs bursted open from animals chewing through.
Paralyzed limbs, stuck in a reach for life that they could never grasp.
Only if they could stand, maybe they could of touched the sky, and grasped God.
But, in this country, nobody can reach that far.

© 2010 PoeT4994


Author's Note

PoeT4994
A major problem goin on in most parts of Africa...that people tend to not look at...well, here's the gruesome details.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

this breaks my heart to read.
there are questions that need to be answered.
1 as another human being how can we be so blind to this.
2 as a brothers and sisters how can we all let this go on.
3 will we ever come together to change it.

Amazing detailed imagery. For the poetic literature this was an amazing piece of work. There is one goal for an artist. To create emotion. You have achieved this goal very well.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

this breaks my heart to read.
there are questions that need to be answered.
1 as another human being how can we be so blind to this.
2 as a brothers and sisters how can we all let this go on.
3 will we ever come together to change it.

Amazing detailed imagery. For the poetic literature this was an amazing piece of work. There is one goal for an artist. To create emotion. You have achieved this goal very well.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
X
Welch!! dude u did it again, have you been able to make those CD's yet? if i still lived there i would've bought them a thousand times over. You have awsome comments and an inspiration, keep it up dude, you're getting somewhere even though now it seem's as if your going nowhere.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Wow... I'm at a lost with words. This was so strong but painful. It was well writen and you did an amazing job. And wow you're only fifteen. Well done.

Posted 14 Years Ago


Another awful vision of man's inhumanity against man (and women too). You voice here is very powerful. You're very very talent with using the written word. Great job.

Posted 14 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Ian
A real deep meaning to your poem and i liked how you used it in your poem. Keep up the good work.

Posted 14 Years Ago


This was very nice...


Posted 14 Years Ago


This drips with troubled reality in constant and controlled flow of upsetting images; that's not a criticism! You've done well to highlight a profound issue, well done.

Posted 14 Years Ago


A wonderful write...pains the heart deeply!
For a 15 year old, this is more than unexpected! I too am of the same age but can never dream of writing such a beauty! Well done

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

962 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 12, 2010
Last Updated on February 18, 2010
Tags: Spoken, word, poetry, metaphors, Ethiopia, Africa, starving, empty, stomachs, dying, flys, dead, disease, crisis, country, problem, issue, distress.


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..