Salem- a story of karma

Salem- a story of karma

A Poem by Too Poetic
"

This is story poem about Salem, its about cruelty and how what you do to people always comes back to you. I hope you enjoy it. Many thanks, Too Poetic

"
Salem, a recently married man, whom relishes nights out with his devious associates,
Embarrassing and harassing others in order to make them laugh is his truest life's satisfaction.
His greatest achievement is their laughter.
He is the comedian, filled with so much pride that he is their comedic ring master.
His wife constantly warns him that his deeds will surely follow him,
Sarcastically, he laughs it off, only doing what he always does best, he pays no mind so long as his friends are having a blast.
If only he knew that they viewed him as a clown,
If only he knew how little they respected him,
Maybe then, he'd remain abstinent from their laughter.
For in their eyes he is no man, he is nothing more than an amusement.
A fun toy at their disposal, a toy which they stab in the back during its absence.
Ignorant to this very fact, his ignorance blinds him. During one evening out with his so called pals he trips a blind cripple, arrogantly following it up by mocking him,
"See you next fall" he says, with laughter, his friends rolling on the floor laughing.
His cruelty doesn't phase him, rather makes him happy, he smiles and would do it again gladly.

Nine months later his wife goes into labor, as if inflicted with ventricular fibrillation,
excitement of having his first son hits him like a defibrillator.
He rushes to the maternity ward, with tears of joy in his eyes, he looks like a celebrity winning his first award.
He eagerly demands the nurse to show him the whereabouts of his baby boy,
She tells him to first go see Doctor McCoy.
"What's wrong with my baby boy?" He demands. "Please, tell me nurse, was he harmed in any way?" He pleads.
With pitiful eyes she replies "Sir, you need to see doctor McCoy first".
Shaken up, heart in his throat, he goes to see the doctor.
With sweaty shaky hands, he shakes the doctor's hand.
With a wistful tone, the doctor begins to inform him, " Salem, your son was born with an abnormal deformation".
The doctor continues "your son is blind in both eyes, his legs bend at an abnormal angle, he might never walk his enitre life".
A shockwave courses through Salem's body, muting the voice of the doctor, he walks absently through the lobby.
He sees his wife and deformed child, he can't bare to stay too long.
The emotions are simply too strong.
His wife looks at him gravelly, telling him this is why she warned him.
"Tell me why Salem? Why couldn't you leave those innocent people alone?"
He leaves the room with the voice of his wife drumming in his mind.
Reminded of that very day, nine long months ago, reminded of the harm he caused to that poor old blind.
Karma has finally came knocking at his door.
The only reason it took so long is karma has a long list,
It makes up one hell of a line.

© 2016 Too Poetic


Author's Note

Too Poetic
I only wish that my readers find deep meaning in my poetry, I hope you enjoy my poetry as much as I enjoy writing them.
I appreciate all advice and criticism on how to improve my writings, I will always return the favor!

Thanks again,
Too Poetic

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very nice. I believe what comes around, goes around. Nicely done.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Too Poetic

7 Years Ago

Many thanks,
Too Poetic

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

136 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on September 23, 2016
Last Updated on September 23, 2016

Author

Too Poetic
Too Poetic

St.Paul, MN



About
I grew up in the inner city, I started writing poetry at a young age to help relieve the feelings I felt growing up. Life is never easy, but writing poetry helped me identify myself, it helped me see .. more..

Writing