~Sweet Music~

~Sweet Music~

A Poem by *~Poetic_Essence~*
"

Poetry is my Soul-Mate but Music is my first Love...

"
+-+[img]http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh75/shanty242/n504761134_59219_4160.jpg[/IMG]

Sweet Melodies of Music I Love You.
You make me travel through the flow of your beat.
Instruments playing send rhythm tic chills up my spine.
My body reacts to you Music...
I sway back and forth feeling your rhythm.
I'm rocked by your every note touching my skin.
You trap me in harmony and I'm stuck for a moment.
When I'm lost Music you find me...
When I'm sad you know exactly how to make me smile,
But you can be so deep that it makes my tears flow.
You bless me with strings and bass.
Sounds of brass and Keys enter my body and kiss my heart.
I nod my head up and down as you rattle my brain.
You make me think Music...
You tell me stories true and some false.
Fantasies and Paradises you engrave in my mind.
Making my wishful heart dream about you.
I can't imagine life without you Music...
You're my escape, you're my inspiration.
I would be so lost with out you Music...
I need you, you're as vital to me as the very food that I eat.
You feed my soul with your verses and chords.
You're my world and I beg you never to leave me

Sweet Melodies of Music I Love You...

© 2008 *~Poetic_Essence~*


Author's Note

*~Poetic_Essence~*
I love music with all my heart..i listen to all types, but rap and R&B are my favorites..This is poem is just a lil someting to describe how music makes me feel..Poetry is my Soul-Mate but Music is my first Love..

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

"througho the flow of your beat. "
" send rhythm tic chills up my spine"
Just a few little typos that I caught.
I absolutelly love this piece.
Favorite line:
"Sounds of brass and Keys enter my body and kiss my heart. "

Where in the world did you get that picture.
It totally rocks and goes with the poetry so well.
Another brilliant piece from the mouth (or fingers I should say) of my new friend ~Word_Play_Poet~
Keep it coming and I will keep drinking them up.
Love All, Mejasha


Posted 16 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Prose poem indeed. Question: you treat music as a living thing, and yet you do not use the punctuation for direct address. Example, When I'm lost Music you find me... SHOULD be: When I'm lost, Music, you find me... AND can't imagine life without you, Music...



Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

When I'm lost Music you find me...
When I'm sad you know exactly how to make me smile,
But you can be so deep that it makes my tears flow.
You bless me with strings and bass.
Sounds of brass and Keys enter my body and kiss my heart.

I so feel this piece and thank you for putting your passion into words. I really love music the same way-it's a spiritual passage for me.
Fine write!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

So true! The first thing I noticed was the picture: "Our pulse is one" is the message I get from it and it definitely adds to your poem. The flow was beautiful and very emotional. I particularly liked how you described each emotion with music and what music invoked you to feel. Music is a sweet and wonderful remedy. I love it very much myself. Very lovely poem, very well written. Keep up the wonderful work! :)

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

In reading your poem I found this typo, "Instruments playing send rhythm tic chills up my spine". Also I think there would be a better emphasis on "Music" in the fourth line if you put a comma in front of it. I have also noticed that you capitalize some of your nouns. In the 12th line, you capitalize keys and you do not capitalize brass. In my opinion brass should be capitalized because "Keys" are part of a piano but brass is also part of musicle ensembles. You may also want to put a "some" in front of "true" in the 15th line. "Some true and some false". You also use "I" alot. I can see where you are getting your feelings out, but it just becomes redundant. I do love the imagery that you use. You should make the poem more universal so people can get something out of it rather than just describing what music does for you. People need to read something they can relate to and which pulls at their emotional chords. As I read this I know how you feel about music but your poem never really made me think of what I think of music. I agree with some of your points but you are only scratching the "my surface". You need to pull the reader into your poem, so you leave them thinking. You have a good start, but there is definitely room for improvement. And most of all keep writing!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I will admit, the picture was the first thing that caught my eyes because it made me think of on of my favorite songs - Blanket, by Urban Species. "..Take the needle of the tech-mix and I put it in my vein / all my troubles get crushed as the rush hits my brain.."

This is a beautiful poem. You did a really wonderful job making your love of music known - writing this like a love poem to someone special made music sound tangible.

"You're my escape, you're my inspiration." This took away from the person you created out of music, but It is my favorite line, as it is what music truly is for all who appreciate it.

Keep Writing.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Lovely! And as some sayings tell us, music is a language that can unites all of us in this universe and if we here it we can always celebrate the creation of our minds in peace and with hapiness! It is sad there are so many "deaf-to-music" and anti-melody" people all around...

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I loved this piece!! I am also a lover of music. Hip- hop and R&B to name a few.
I can always find a song that expresses what im going through. I couldn't have wrote it any better.
A while ago I wrote a piece about music, but this one is really great. Thanks for sharing : )

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

written from the heart,
and gah, another one of those so good its weird kind of pictures.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A lovely poem. There is one line that I think could be better: "Sounds of brass and Keys enter my body and kiss my heart." "Enter" seems to me a weak word, compared to the strength of the rest of the vocabulary. "Caress" might be better, but that's not really the image you are getting at.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Nice...damn that was nice

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

643 Views
31 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on February 14, 2008
Last Updated on February 14, 2008

Author

*~Poetic_Essence~*
*~Poetic_Essence~*

KS



About
I am 21 years old...I have been writing since I was in middle-school, I write because when there is no one else to listen to my pain, Pen and Paper always hear me..lol..I feel as if poetry is not what.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..