Psycho

Psycho

A Story by Nancy A Halbert

He was there, standing in the doorframe, scars and new cuts covered his body, he glared at her with the knife in his clenched hand, dripping blood. She had heard the window crashing in and the yell of surprise and fear from her husband upstairs. Then a struggle. She hoped Jake was still alive and these cuts on this man were from self defense by Jake. She started frantically looking for her cell phone but in her panic couldn't remember where she put it. But the guy had suddenly appeared in the doorway. She recognized him as a man she had dated before and broke up with. But she had never seen such a furious expression on his face. She wanted to run upstairs to see if Jake was still alive but she was blocked. Your mine! he said to her. Her back was against the kitchen counter. You know you belong to me and not him. What do you think you're doing b***h. What do you think you're doing he beginning to sream. Cheating on me going to someone else? You betraying f*****g w***e. I'm gonna kill you. She quickly thought to placate him to calm him down. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you. You know he's nothing to me. I thought you were gone. I tried to contact you. Really? Is that all you have to say but his face was softening. Yes. I never stopped loving you. He came towards her the knife still in his hand. She cringed but she didn't show it. He came closer and ran his other hand through her hair. She didn't move and let him kiss her. She thought what she was going to do. How she could get out of this. She remembered they used to have an old gun in the closet but she wasn't sure and she wasn't sure if it was loaded. Yeah but you're really a lying b***h aren't you his face contorting back into a rage. No! I'm not! We can let this go. If you leave I won't call the police. Please go. I'll make up a story to the police. She was panicking bad but tried not to show it. He lunged at her and she ran to the kitchen closet. She waited till he was close by and she opened the door hard with a strength and force she didn't know she had. It slammed into him and he fell. Fumbling for the gun on one shelf not there! not there either! She heard him getting back up. Please please please she was thinking when she felt the hard cold steel of the butt. Turning she aimed the gun square in his face. You're the one whose gonna die Psycho!! And blew his head off. Hearing the sirens coming down the street she ran up the stairs. She saw her husband lying on the carpet. As she came closer she could see he was still conscious. She fell to her knees and held his head in her lap and waited.

© 2016 Nancy A Halbert


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

255 Views
Added on October 28, 2016
Last Updated on October 28, 2016

Author

Nancy A Halbert
Nancy A Halbert

San Jose, CA



About
A girl just aiming to get higher. Lover of the arts. more..

Writing