Goodbye

Goodbye

A Poem by nightdark

It was a Tuesday evening and I was sitting near the fountain, staring at the sun slowly disappear and leave a fire-y glow in the sky, waiting for him to arrive. I was zoned out thinking about what to say to him and how I was going to say that I did not hear his soft and quiet footsteps. Feeling a soft tap on my shoulder, I glanced behind me and I saw his messy blond hair and charming face. He smiled at me with his goofy smile and I felt my stomach drop. I knew I had to do this even though I was really nervous and scared of what might happen after.

 

He asked me "What's up?" And I said "Nothing really."

We started walking away from the fountain, in silence.

After, what felt like forever, he broke the silence and said "I'm sorry, but I don't think we'll work out." Hearing those words killed me inside, but I had to stay strong.

I asked him "Why? Why wouldn't we? A month ago you said you really wanted us to be together and now what? Did I do something wrong?"

"People change. And I found someone else someone new. I'm sorry, but I'm so tired of us. We are a circle, the same thing happens over and over. We aren't going anywhere. I'm sorry it had to work out this way. But this is just how I feel." 

Shocked, we kept on walking in silence. Changing the subject he asked me what I wanted to tell him. I said "Nothing"

He pushed it and said I made it sound very urgent. I said "Honestly, it doesn't matter anymore."

He stopped me at a diverging path and told me to "say it before its too late", but its already too late.

I said "It's too late", and went the opposite way without saying bye.

© 2018 nightdark


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

141 Views
Added on January 1, 2018
Last Updated on January 1, 2018
Tags: love, sad, heartbreak, heartbroken, broken, pain, poem, descriptive, long, feedback