The Time of the Changing

The Time of the Changing

A Book by Polly Lewis
"

Unbeknown to human kind, the game between good and evil has played out over thousands of years. Throughout this time the natural balance of all things has been maintained by the power of the Witan, an innocent girl who is born every five hundred years to

"

© 2008 Polly Lewis


My Review

Would you like to review this Book?
Login | Register




Reviews

I truly enjoyed this first chapter and look forward to reading more. I must tell you, I rarely (if ever) read fantasy fiction, but I found this to be very entertaining... I have enjoyed this immensely. As I am not a fantasy fiction buff, I can only say that the spectacular imagery made this very easy to follow (ie. I usually get lost in the first chapter). This first chapter has whet my appetite, skillfully leading me into the second. Very well written.

Posted 16 Years Ago


This was an excellent begining to your story. You start us out not really sure of what has occurred then move us from the bedroom to downstairs learning with Ana as she does. We are expecting the father to be there but there is something far worse waiting.

The visuals in this are well done. It's really quite tricky because parts of this are taking place inside her mind as well as to her physically. You do a good job of keeping both sides balanced and I love the way you describe things - especially the action. I could easily see this entity's razor teeth inches from her terrified face.

A couple of things:

- With each creak of the floorboards she tensed and waited for silence to reclaim the house.

I love this line, especially the end. Beautiful.

- As she approached the kitchen doorway light from the street lamp outside

There are a few places throughout this where a comma would help the flow somewhat. There aren't too many but enough to confuse a little and take me out of the story briefly. I'd put a comma after doorway to separate this out a bit.

Again, a great beginning with plenty of mystery and action to keep the reader turning pages. Thanks for posting. I look forward to reading the following chapters. I hope I've helped. My reviews are only meant to do that and nothing more. Take care.

Posted 16 Years Ago


Hi Polly..
I'm further along , but want to post here. I have a terrible confession to make. I not only love this as much as the first read from the book , it is soooo much easier to read. Just an absolute pleasure to read. Truely, I need to get my eyes looked at. All you're genius in word selection , your imagination , was so much easier for me reading it here.
I love it! I think you write on a different level , but always keep it so the reader doesn't get lost , even though you introduce many new characters and creatures. You are the best! Rain.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I have to say your sentence structure is amazing and your choice of words is beautiful. Attention to detail.

But, I think it might be too much detail in the beginning, but wonderful beginning.

Not quite sure what is happening throughout.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Hmmmm.....this was fun....dark and ghostly fun....am to the next chapter now...adios.

Posted 16 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow polly that was great! (sorry it took so long to get to read it). An amazing piece of writing....I enjoyed it very much :))

Posted 16 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Gosh! I kept this in my read requests till i felt i could give it the time it deserved,i am so glad i did. This was a captivating read. It gave me chills and has left me wanting more. Your talent is outstanding. Thanks for sharing this with me.

Posted 16 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I think I read a synopsis of this on your site..maybe not I am not sure. I have checked out your books on the web unfortunately due to my schedule I haven't been able to keep up too much on my reading but you are definitely on my list.

Posted 16 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

330 Views
Added on February 15, 2008

Author

Polly Lewis
Polly Lewis

United Kingdom



About
My name is Polly Lewis and I am a struggling new author who would really appreciate constructive comments and advice on my work. Writing is a passion, an expression of our soul. It drives our every .. more..

Writing
Silence Silence

A Poem by Polly Lewis



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..