It's time

It's time

A Story by Pollyanna

It's been raining for hours now, alternating between slow-and-steady and violent-and-forceful . . . I find this range very soothing and comforting.

 

Comforting.

 

It's been a while since I've found anything "comforting".  Life lately has been . . . eventful, for lack of a better word, and I'm at a loss.  So many things have happened over the past few months, things I am loath to even mention.  Regardless of the light or dark, highs or lows, day or night, life continues on unabated.

 

But I digress.

 

Yes, I freely admit my love of rain.  I love the quiet, gentle rain that feels like a lover's caress.  I love the raging, timorous storm that makes my skin tingle every time the lightening strikes or the thunder booms.  I wish I could find the words to adequately describe how the rains/storms make me feel, but I believe only another with a similar affinity would understand and, to the best of my knowledge, I've found just one other.

 

I think part of the reason I love this time of year is because of the rain.  Afterall, Spring is a time of rebirth and rain is needed to assist in this renewal.  It seems as if it is also a time of personal rebirth for some people . . . a time to shake off Winter's hibernation and prepare to live again in the sun.

© 2011 Pollyanna


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

285 Views
Added on April 4, 2011
Last Updated on April 4, 2011
Tags: hope, love, seasons

Author

Pollyanna
Pollyanna

Lake St. Louis, MO



About
Pol·ly·an·na noun ˌpä-lē-ˈa-nə a person characterized by irrepressible optimism and a tendency to find good in everything I'm really nobody speci.. more..

Writing