Politically Correct

Politically Correct

A Poem by Jennifer Pennington

Please get out of my way with your
Obscure visions of what is right & wrong.
Legal & Illegal. You my foes are the
Impostors. You are the
Traitors.
I say this with full
Confidence that i am
Anything but wrong in my freedom of speech.
Let your pompous
Leeches know that i am not
Yours

Carry
On my foes But
Remember, you will someday
Rue your arrogance. For
Each and every
Citizen that unmasks you, will
Take you down. We're just biding our time.

© 2010 Jennifer Pennington


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Interesting thoughts. I'd however believe that without some of the laws we have the world would be a darker place than it already is. Government is suppose to be there for us, make laws to make sure we are all given a fair go and that the right thing is done by all. Of course most politicians only put themselves first and the only good they do, if they ever do it at all, is only done to win votes so they can hang onto power.

Sounds very much like a personal vendetta. "You my foes"
I live in Australia and we all get a vote here, we all have to vote here.
It's illegal not to vote. IT means that they expect you to have an opinion and to have your say. Which I think is great, because everyone's opinion should be counted. Even though normally the best you can do is vote in the lesser of two evils.

All and all it's a well written poem, but I'm just another brick in the wall...

Posted 13 Years Ago


OHHH very very interesting. I really like the ominous feel as I read it. It’s like someone is just waiting for the perfect moment to strike. AWSOME!!!

Voice


Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

233 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 16, 2010
Last Updated on June 16, 2010