A Garnish of Joy

A Garnish of Joy

A Story by Poppletron

This is all you need to cheer you right up, these days there ain't much that can, and you look like you need it. We call it Mirth down on the street, me I call it a garnish of joy because of what it does. There ain't much more to say except that its been a blessing that this stuff exists, it happens to all of us eventually and what better way than with a smile embellished on your face. It won't be painful quite the opposite really, it floods the brain's pleasure centers while releasing toxins. You could say its a final hoorah of happiness in a broken world and it has been gaining popularity lately with the ones tired of living in the ruins of once a great city. You know let's make us a toast the two of us together. I think it's time for me as well, not much left anyway, now is there. Let us toast the men who threw the switches and hit those buttons. The men who decided if they can't win then no one can. Now let's take a seat and toast the men who ended everything with smiles upon our faces. 

© 2015 Poppletron


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

257 Views
Added on December 27, 2015
Last Updated on December 27, 2015
Tags: end of world

Author

Poppletron
Poppletron

UT



About
Aubrey Allen Poppleton more..

Writing
Nostalgia Nostalgia

A Poem by Poppletron