Pain

Pain

A Story by Poppletron
"

Day 1 Prompt: The syringe was gripped tightly in their hand. “Go on. Do it.”

"

The syringe was gripped tightly in their hand. “Go on. Do it!” I cried out and was in soon with the pain of the needle as it punctured into my arm. A tingle, a shudder, and then a burning fire coursed through my veins as the drug was administered. My vision slowed and I am met with short blackouts as its effects became more and more apparent. Thrust into the world that most only see in their wildest dreams, no scratch that, a world seen through the eyes of someone desperately clawing to escape their worst nightmares.

I felt like I’m screaming, but it’s hard to tell truth be told. He might as well be an observer to the events that happen to me while I was here. I don’t know, can’t have know what’s happening to me as traversed the world of the drug.

I feel like I was being watched. Something watching me. Something stalking. He ran. I follow. Who. Following me. Me? It? I? He no me. I fell. I claw it. Blood on my back. Got to get back. He gets up. I followed. It follows. Always following. He doesn’t know anymore. I run and stumble. He must escape. It must not escape. I scream again or was it he who was screaming. Pain burning pain. Pain all over. Pain everywhere. Everything is pain. Who is it, is he no me... am I. Pain… no Death?

© 2017 Poppletron


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very intense emotions. The style of narration lends itself well to what's happening. The narrator's stream of consciousness is accurate for someone in his dire situation.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

106 Views
1 Review
Added on October 20, 2017
Last Updated on October 21, 2017
Tags: pain

Author

Poppletron
Poppletron

UT



About
Aubrey Allen Poppleton more..

Writing
Nostalgia Nostalgia

A Poem by Poppletron