Alone in the Woods

Alone in the Woods

A Story by Poppletron
"

Day 11 Prompt: You wake up to see a ghostly face staring down at you. They lean in closer and say…

"
I wake up to see a ghostly face staring down at me. It leans in closer and says…
"I've been watching you lately."
I try and must the courage to speak, but am unable. "Uh..."
"No no, don't speak I don't have much time." It says leaping from the bed frame and onto the floor at the foot of my bed. "As I said, I've been watching you as of late, and let me tell you this. You're not a very good person, now are you."
"What? No." I protest.
"I was being rhetorical, but as you don't seem to recall let me explain." It begins to pace across the room. "You left her to die out there, alone without anyone to help."
"Who? What are you even talking about."
"The Girl! Don't you remember? You thought it would be fun to toy with her heart, but you never had any idea just how far she would go to love you."
The gears start to click.
"Ah, I see it's all coming back to you. Do you know what happened to her."
"No."
"That's what I thought. She died out there."
"Where?"
"Where, you of all people should know. She died out in the woods you said you would meet her in. However, you thought it would be a funny prank if you never showed up."
"I didn't know, I didn't mean for this to happen."
"No one ever does. It's been a year and her family still hasn't even found a body. They don't even know where to start."
"What do you want me to do about it?"
"I want you to make things right."
"I'll do anything."
"Anything?"
"Anything."
"Well then, we'll start with you knowing exactly how she felt out there alone in those woods." 

© 2017 Poppletron


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

115 Views
Added on October 30, 2017
Last Updated on October 30, 2017

Author

Poppletron
Poppletron

UT



About
Aubrey Allen Poppleton more..

Writing
Nostalgia Nostalgia

A Poem by Poppletron