You are more than friend

You are more than friend

A Story by Praahi
"

It is a story of two childhood friends, how they will realize their love?

"

Boy: Swara.... Swara.. I am so happy today. (He is catching her hands and turning them around).

Swara smiles: Relax Sanskar. First stop turning and tell me what the good news is?

Sanskar: Swara, You know I love Kavitha. And she accepted me. In fact I was shocked when she herself came and proposed me today. I can't tell you how happy I am.

Sanskar is dancing and Swara couldn't help but smile but inside she is feeling very sad. Though she and sanskar are childhood friends, as the days passed, she started feeling for him. She never expressed because she knew that Sanskar likes Kavitha. So now she is happy for him. Sanskar breaks this news to all his friends. Everyone is happy for Sanskar but somewhere beneath their heart they all wanted Swara and Sanskar to be together. Soon Kavitha joins them.

Sanskar: Hello Kavitha, They are all my friends and she is my bestie Swara. We do everything together.

Swara greets her and hugs her. Kavitha didn't like swara because from the time when she proposed Sanskar, he has been blabbering about Swara saying that she would be happy hearing this and she would do this, that. Kavitha wants Sanskar to think only about her. So she decides that somehow she had to separate them.

Kavitha: Sanskar, I think we should celebrate our special moment.

Sanskar: Yes Kavitha, you are right. What do you say Swara?(she nods in yes). Guys lets go to nearby cafe and have a small party. (Everyone agrees and leaves to the parking area to get their bikes)

Sanskar: Swara, what are you doing there? Come let's go.( He asks her to get on his bike as they got habituated in travelling like this.)

Swara: Sanskar, I will come with Laksh. You take Kavitha with you.

Sanskar: Arrey Swara, you know na I can't rely on his driving. Kavitha will come in Ragini's car.

Kavitha: No way, why will I go in someone else car when I have such a handsome boyfriend to give a ride. (Saying this she sits on his bike and back hugs him glaring at Swara)

Sanskar feels uncomfortable don't know why: Kavitha, it is college. So please sit properly.(She leaves him and sits feeling bad.)

Sanskar looks at Swara and she gives him a smile saying that it is ok and she goes with Ragini in her car. After arriving at the destination

Kavitha: Sanskar, you being a son of a big businessman eats in such cheap hotels, (Says Kavitha making weird faces) everyone sees each other’s faces. 

Swara: Kavitha, this is just a small treat and the food here is very hygienic and tasty. Don't worry, we had many parties here.

Kavitha: I am not talking about people like you. But you know if Sanskar eats in such places, it might affect his reputation.

Sanskar: Let's go in. I am feeling very hungry.

They go near a table sits in their seats. They order a cake and Sanskar and Kavitha cut the cake. But our Sanskar takes the piece and turns towards Swara instead of Kavitha which makes her angry.

Kavitha: Sanskar, we are here to celebrate our new relationship. But you are not at all noticing me. (she turns her face) 

Sanskar: Kavitha sorry. We both are childhood friends so, got habituated to her.

Swara feels that it is better for her to leave from there. So she tells them that she got an urgent message from her mom asking her to return. 

Sanskar: Wait. I will drop you. (He gets up)

Swara: No, Sanskar, I can go. It's your party, you should be there. Bye!!

Sanskar: But Swara, I can.... (interrupted by Kavitha)

Kavitha: Come on sanky, i am hungry. Let's order something.

Swara leaves. She reaches home in teary eyes. Though she knew that this day would come but she don't know why she couldn't stop crying. She cried her heart out and slowly dozed off to sleep. In the cafe, everyone ordered what they want, but Sanskar is not in a mood of eating. He does not understand why he is not happy even after getting his love. He is in deep thought while everyone finished eating and Sanskar pays the bill. Everyone left except Sanskar, Kavitha and Lucky.

Kavitha: Sanskar drop me home no please.

Sanskar: Sorry Kavitha. I am not in a mood to drive so long. If you want Lucky will drop you because he has to go that way only.

Kavitha: No thanks I can go. (Saying this she stomps away)

Lucky(Thank god, who wants to drop her): Hey bro!! Is everything alright?

Sanskar just nods in yes. But his face clearly says that he is worried about something.

Lucky: Are you sure you like Kavitha? 

Sanskar: Of course bro. Now, don't create new doubts.

Lucky: I don't know how it is for you, but for us it is looking like you love Swara but not Kavitha.  

Sanskar: come on Lucky, Me and Swara are good friends. That's it.

Lucky: Who said a good friend can't be your life partner? You should think who make you happy and with whom you can be yourselves and live your life joyfully. Just think and be sure that's it. Ok then bye. Take care.

Both of them leave to their houses. Next day in the college, as Swara is walking to her class, she is stopped by Kavitha.

Kavitha: Hey Swara, I stopped you to warn that stay away from my boyfriend. He is only mine. 

Swara: Don't worry Kavitha. I only need my friend's happiness. Ha remember one thing, if I get to know that because of you he is hurt, and then you will see worst of me. So be careful. (Saying this Swara leaves from there leaving fuming Kavitha behind)

Now it has been 15 days after Kavitha and Sanskar had started their relationship. Every time the conversation between these both would be Kavitha asking for some gift or asking him to change himself and even she is irked with the presence of Lucky. All these days Swara has been avoiding Sanskar, which didn't go unnoticed by Sanskar.  

Sanskar: What's your problem Swara? Why are you avoiding me?

Swara: Offo sanskar, why will I avoid you? It's nothing like that. Don't think too much. Now move aside I have to go and complete my assignment.

She leaves from there. Sanskar is missing her but his mind is not ready to accept it. Then Lucky's words ring in his head "it is looking like you love Swara but not Kavitha". He sits on a bench in the ground of their college. He remembers all the sweet memories with Swara and a curve unknowingly forms on his lips. Wherever he go, even though Kavitha is with him, he always thinks about Swara, Maybe this is only called true love. He understands that he will be happy only with her. So he runs to her classroom.

Sanskar: Excuse me Mam, Principal sir is calling Miss Swara Bose?

Mam: Is it that urgent?

Sanskar: Yes mam, very urgent. Please don't mind.

Mam: Okay, Miss Swara Bose, you can go.

Swara: Sanskar, What did I do? Why will Principal call me? (she asked him worried)

Sanskar: You didn't do anything that's why I have to do everything.

He pulls her to a nearby empty classroom and closes the door. Swara looks confused, not that she is scared because she trusts Sanskar. 

Swara: Sanskar!! What are you doing?   

Sanskar moves forward and pins Swara to the wall holding her hands.

Sanskar: Swara, what did you think if you avoid me, i will leave you so easily.

Swara: Sanskar....

Sanskar: Swara, I am not done yet. Ha I accept that I took you for granted and didn't realize your importance in my life. But you should have made me understand rather than leave me in someone else hands. (Tears started forming in his eyes)

Swara: I thought you like Kavitha. I did it for your happiness only.

Sanskar: I thought the same. But now I realised that you are more than a friend, I love only my Swara and no one else. All those were just attractions. Without Swara Sanskar is incomplete. (He leans forward and places his forehead on hers and closes his eyes as tears start flowing)

She frees her hands and cups his face wiping his tears. "Sanskar, calm down. Your Swara will always be with you. She won't go anywhere. Now smile.

Sanskar(like a kid): Promise

Swara: Ha Promise. (They both smile and hug each other. He kisses on her forehead). Now what about Kavitha? I mean she might feel bad knowing about this?

Sanskar: Don't worry, I will talk to her. I don't think she really likes me. I never felt like she cares for me.

So they both started going home from college. Near parking they see Kavitha flirting with some senior guy. As they approach her, she sees them but turns away as nothing happened between them.

Sanskar: Now happy swara? We don't need to feel guilty also for her, because she already found someone.

Swara: It’s ok Sanskar, let's not think about all this. I am so happy. Our parents will be so excited after hearing this news.

Sanskar: Yes I should talk to mom and ask her to see the nearest date for marriage. I can't wait anymore. 

Swara: Oho Mr. Maheshwari. Wait until we complete our studies. There is no hurry.

Sanskar: Swaraa....

© 2018 Praahi


Author's Note

Praahi
Please ignore grammar mistakes and do let me know your views.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

58 Views
Added on May 20, 2018
Last Updated on May 20, 2018
Tags: love, trust, friendship

Author

Praahi
Praahi

India



Writing
How dare you? How dare you?

A Story by Praahi


Three /: Thirty Three /: Thirty

A Story by Praahi