The lady passenger

The lady passenger

A Story by Pravir
"

A cruel emotion

"
It was monday evening. . . people were waiting at asansol bus stand . . amidst the queue there was also a pregnant lady standing with a small bag hanging in her hand . . she was wearing pink salwar kameez , a spectacle and there was sadness on her face . . . few minutes later the bus came ,it was already crowded inside , she somehow managed to get in the bus . the bus started , as she was feeling tired she gave a look inside the bus . . no seat was vacant and the people who made eyecontact with her , quickly turned their faces off and tried to show that they are busy so that they dont have to stand up and give the lady a seat . . . some men became busy with their mobilephones and some shameless creatures started staring at her and smiling . . . the lady took the support somehow and managed to stand and started looking out of the window . . . a brutal sadness was spread on his face . . . it seemed that she had lost all the battles of her life and its her last journey . . .few minutes passed and still no one gave her a seat . . . finaaly a man sitting few seats away got a glimpse of her. . he stood up and requested her to seat. . . the lady after thanking him noticed that actually the man was handicapped , he had polio in his legs and he was sitting on the seat reserved for handicapped. . . the lady still had no expressions . . neither of gratitude nor of anger . . only blank face just staring outside the window . . . the handicapped man was standing just close to the door , holding the iron support . . . and the bus continued its journey . Few minutes later something happened which was not expected by anyone . . . the lady suddenly stood up and pushed the hndicapped man out from the running bus . . all the passengers started getting mad at her . . . the handicapped man was a bit injured and totally confused that what just happened . what was his fault . he saw the bus had gone few metres away from him and BOOOOMMMMMM . . . the bus was blown away in parts . . terror,confusion ,fear all came to that man . . . it took him some time to recapitualte himself to the present situation . . . the lady was not pregnant ,she wAs carrying rdx in her stomach and the remote was in her purse . . . yes she was a terrorist and her only plan was to blast the bus then why did she save that handicapped man . . perhaps the lady knew that this world desrves people like him . . . rest of the peoples soul were dead already . . . this is really a question mark to our humanity. . .

© 2018 Pravir


Author's Note

Pravir
Its inspired from a true incident . . . i want you all to review freely and comment whatever your emotions came at the end of the story. . . .

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is a very compelling story & you've told it with a sense of suspense . . . even after getting to the part where we know this is going to be a terrorist attack, it's still equally compelling to the end, as you offer just enuf details to paint the picture, but not a long-winded expository. You leave it alone after planting a couple ideas, & then let the reader kinda reel with all the impressions this scene brings.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pravir

6 Years Ago

Thanxxx . . . . it was my very honest approach to connect the situation to readers . . . so that the.. read more



Reviews

Terrorist can create. Not born. I told people often. A terrorist is where you are standing. 500,000 soldiers from another land destroying your land. Are you the terrorist or the 500,000 unwanted soldiers? I liked the set-up of the story. Honest and direct description left the reader with something to think about. Thank you Pravir for sharing the amazing story.
Coyote


Posted 6 Years Ago


i went to that bus stand some years ago but not sure that some writer like you penned it down very enthralling plot

Posted 6 Years Ago


Pravir

6 Years Ago

thanx friend for your kind words.... m glad that you liked it.
since it is based on true incident i really admire how generously you have written it. I have noticed quite a few times you narrate your story as a third person, sometimes you may do a experimental task of writing as first person where the usage are required...the glossiness of the story will enhanced... if you write it as a first person, you can add few tempting and powerful dialogues in this way... few elements will be noticed then like, you could described the lady appearance as she was on the third trimester of her pregnancy as you have shown in the story icon...
coming to your story, i am just totally moved by it...it imparted a strong message to the citizens, as well as to the terrorist or sleeper cells who are responsible for this kind of blast... i really loved it... amazing write pravir :)

Posted 6 Years Ago


Abhishek Asthana

6 Years Ago

it was more than a request rather than suggestion because the kind of stuff you always have for your.. read more
Pravir

6 Years Ago

Now. . . that really means a lot for me . . . i am very poor in writing . . neither i know the basic.. read more
Abhishek Asthana

6 Years Ago

never say like that... make sure this was the last time you underestimate yourself... you have got g.. read more
This is something that every human being must read and learn. A really heart felt story. Even a terrorist felt that the handicapped person is the one that our society needs not the physically fit and without heart and humanity people. It is a shame to our kind. This doesn't mean what she did was right. Because she doesn't have any right to take so many lives.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Pravir

6 Years Ago

Yes . ... You said it very rightly. . . i am happy that you got the exact message which i wanted to .. read more
Manasa.L

6 Years Ago

you are welcome
Very heart touching story with a hidden social message inside it. Good job

Posted 6 Years Ago


This is a very compelling story & you've told it with a sense of suspense . . . even after getting to the part where we know this is going to be a terrorist attack, it's still equally compelling to the end, as you offer just enuf details to paint the picture, but not a long-winded expository. You leave it alone after planting a couple ideas, & then let the reader kinda reel with all the impressions this scene brings.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pravir

6 Years Ago

Thanxxx . . . . it was my very honest approach to connect the situation to readers . . . so that the.. read more
I surely didn't imagine the ending. This story left me speechless it is thought provoking indeed.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Pravir

6 Years Ago

Thnx a lot. . . and my intention behind writing this was to represent a situation so thAt people are.. read more
Najam Us Saher

6 Years Ago

You're welcome.
That's a good story on humanity...and am sorry for that incident..
You are developing Pravir by day...
I loved it..:)

Posted 6 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pravir

6 Years Ago

Thanx a lot surya ji . . i had taken break since few months. . . and having such wondrfull responses.. read more
Surya

6 Years Ago

My pleasure Pravir, Keep going..:)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

539 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 4, 2017
Last Updated on January 25, 2018

Author

Pravir
Pravir

asansol, west bengal, India



About
i am 22. .,. an electrical engineer.. i know writing has nothing to do with my profession... but still i write,not to become famous ... its just that i find solace in expressing my untold emotions an.. more..

Writing
Illusion of love Illusion of love

A Chapter by Pravir



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..