'' Should God Sleep ''

'' Should God Sleep ''

A Poem by Dwayne J. Keeves
"

A short reminder of what life may be like should God decides to sleep.

"
To what end would we meet, should the God we know ever sleep? If he closed his eyes just for 
one wink, would the lightning flash, and the rains come to water our crops when it's time?
Does it really matter, should day or night come or go but; have you really thought, what would
happen should God sleep?

Mountains would crumble, and charge the earth like a bull trapped in a fence. The wind would
cease; even time itself may stand still should God sleep.
The birth of a child would not even exist thus, the finest things of life could not be known,
should our God ever sleep.

To what end would we meet, should the God we know ever sleep? If he rests his head in the 
locks of his shoulders would the casualties of life rule while the righteous have no place?

Time spins like a wheel, as the cycle of life states it claims, showing no prejudice towards race,
color or creed but; have you really thought, what would happen should God sleep?
The waves of a thousand seas send laughter across many fields. Loved ones, and friends or
even a gentle kiss of kindness from a stranger passing along the way; gives a thought to what
we might miss should the God we know ever sleep.

© 2017 Dwayne J. Keeves


Author's Note

Dwayne J. Keeves
I've always had problems punctuation. Even at times, my fingers seem to type faster than what I think.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Wow. An amazing depiction of how God rules the Universe. And what might happen if He won't be there or asleep. The natural cycle of everything that takes place in the world is due to God. He takes care of each and every entity existing. Changing of seasons, sunset, sunrise, Phases of Moon, revolution of earth , rotation of Moon, everything is because He makes it so.
He says, "Be" and it is. :)

Posted 6 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

The question posed here has philosophical facets. When disaster strikes or the innocent are slaughtered in the name of religion , I wonder if the God is asleep. Humanity is looking out for signs and miracles.....amidst the brokenness. The spiritual blindness makes it impossible to see the hand of God in everyday life.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Neelam

6 Years Ago

Solitude in the midst of crisis......we need God's presence.
Dwayne J. Keeves

6 Years Ago

I'm enriched by your wisdom of him.Thanks.
Neelam

6 Years Ago

You're welcome.
God is around us and in us, so in effect if He went to sleep, we and the world as we know would cease to exist. Your words evoke such beautiful images of Nature and magnify the glory of God. Yet some recent tragedies and such made me wonder if God is getting distracted. Like a child of 7 years was slain inthe washroom of his school by a sex fiend with his throat slit. It is at such times that my soul is troubled and filled with doubts...

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow. An amazing depiction of how God rules the Universe. And what might happen if He won't be there or asleep. The natural cycle of everything that takes place in the world is due to God. He takes care of each and every entity existing. Changing of seasons, sunset, sunrise, Phases of Moon, revolution of earth , rotation of Moon, everything is because He makes it so.
He says, "Be" and it is. :)

Posted 6 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

My father is a minister, and funny enough, this is something I think about a lot. I really liked your poem, 100/100.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Dwayne J. Keeves

6 Years Ago

Thank you so much. I enjoy attempting to write. My Father was a minister as well. Life has away of c.. read more
Anna

6 Years Ago

You are very right. You're welcome. :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

251 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 19, 2017
Last Updated on September 19, 2017

Author

Dwayne J. Keeves
Dwayne J. Keeves

Camden, AR



About
Lives in Arkansas.I'm a brick and block layer of 25 years. I also pastor two local churches in my area. I enjoy writing, reading, fishing and metal detecting. The father of four girls and one newly bo.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..