You can't break a broken heart

You can't break a broken heart

A Story by Pretty Girl
"

Justin and I went out for three years, despite all our wonderful memories together, in the end he cheated. Just in time, for our senior prom.

"

It was nearly midnight, the supposed best night of my life had turned into crap. It was my senior prom, and I had been dreaming about it since I was six. But my dream had turned into a disaster, I was leaning on the balcony of the hotel where it was held. My boyfriend and I had just gotten into a fight, he has been claiming for weeks that I was going to a faraway university, so I could sneak around with some boys. When he had been the one cheating for about two months now, I had found out twenty minutes ago. So I confronted him about it and then stormed up here to relax.

“Its not fair..this was suppose to be my dream come true.” I whispered to myself under my breath.

Flashback to freshman year

“Hey, your Priscilla right?” I looked over my shoulder, and blushed and blushed. It was my crush! He was the all popular badboy of our grade, his name was Justin West. He was tall, muscular and dreamy.

“Y-Yeah..? Your J-Justin? What do you want with me..?” I asked nervously, hopefully he hadn’t noticed. He raised his brow a bit and then smirked, it was a cute smirk..

“I heard some things, I wanted to know if they were true.”

“W-What kind of things?” I gasped, no.. he couldn’t mean…

“Your into me? Is it true..?”

 My face turned a dark shade of red and I had these huge moths flying in my stomach, from nervousness.

 “W-Where did you hear that?!” I hollered, my face was started to feel hotter and hotter as every second passed by.

“Thats not important, is it true? You like me..?”

I gulped, what could I say too him..

“Why should I a-answer you?!” I yelled, I gasped and realized how loud my voice was.

“Because I like you.”

“So what! Wait..?! Really..?” I was about to faint, this had to be a dream.

“Ever since the first time I saw you, Priscilla.” 

So then why was he being a dick now? A single tear rolled down my cheek, recalling memories from a happier time. I guess we just weren’t meant to be..

Flashback to sophomore year

Justin and I had been going out for a year now. Today was our one year anniversary, he had come to school, looking extremely pissed about something.

“Hey Justin, whats wrong?” I asked him, linking arms with him. 

“Leave me alone, Priscilla.” He unliked arms and then walked off from me. I gasped and a tear rolled down my cheek. 

”..” 

The school day passed by and we hadn’t even spoken a word. It was our one year anniversary and he had forgotten. I walked home looking severely depressed, but all that changed when I got home.

Love reminds you that nothing else matters

Those were the words written onto a cake, that Justin was holding. He was standing in front of my house, outside of his car with a small vanilla cake and those words written on it.

“What is this?” I gasped, he walked over and sat down on the front lawn. I followed him and we took turns feeding each other the cake. Eventually the only word left was love.

“I love you, so you eat it.” 

“No..how about we don’t eat it. We leave it as a symbol of our love.” He chuckled at my ridiculious ideas.

“Here.” He passed me a locket with the same words engraved. 

“But I didn’t get you any-“

“Its okay, this is a piece of me that will always be with you,” he put his hand on my heart, “here.” 

I leaned in for a kiss and we just lay on our front lawn making out.

I was sobbing at this point, how could Justin hurt me so?

Flashback to Junior Year

Yesterday had been my grandma’s funeral, we were always really tight so it had really gotten to me. I wasn’t feeling to great, and I didn’t want to come to school but I had a very important english test.

“Priscilla!” I heard my boyfriends voice call from behind me, I didn’t stop to wait for him. I just kept walking on and on, “Priscilla!”

I finally turned around, and just melted in his arms. I let out all my sorrow and grief, right there in front of the whole world too see. He wrapped his arms around me and let me cry on his shoulder.

“T-Thank you, Justin.”

I was basically on my knees crying my heart out now, I even punched the balcony rails a couple of times. It wasn’t fair! Why would Justin do this too me?! After three years together, a couple more tears escape my eyes. My make up was probably ruined.

Flashback to today

I woke up feeling better than ever, today was prom and I couldn’t wait. I had a habit of checking my phone first thing, when I woke up. A couple of texts from my friends, and a missed call from Justin. He had left a voicemail though.

I pressed play and waited to see what sort of surprise Justin had for me. 

“Damn she didn’t pick up, what should I do now?” I heard Justin’s voice from the other line, I smiled at how worried he was about me.

“Babe, just tell her tomorrow.” A females voice came from the other side, my smile faded just like that. What was he doing with a girl? 

“I know, but its prom tomorrow and-“

“So? Just tell her!” 

“I’ll tell her after prom.” 

“You’d better Justin,I’m more important than that girl right?”

“Yeah.”

Thats where the voice message ended, I fell to the floor and just lost it. 

Several Hours Later

I had pretended to be happy and entered the hotel with Justin. We sat down at a table, and I bit my lip.. should I confront him now?

“Justin, we need to talk.”

“Sure Priscilla, whats up?” I closed my eyes, I would miss the way that he would give me goodnight calls and wake up calls. The many dates he had taken me on, the way we would find each other the second we got to school.

“Who is she?”

“Who?”

“The girl you were with, yesterday.” 

”..Look Prisci-“

“ENOUGH!” I yelled and stood up, then slapped him across the face. “Three years of dating and now you decide to cheat on me?!” 

“Pri-“

“Shut up! I don’t care what the hell you have to say, I know what I heard and I’m so surprised in you Justin.” 

”..”

“I just have one question for you, why?” 

“I just..remember when we got in that fight two months ago? That night I went down to a club, I…I met a girl there. It was just that one night, but I just..”

“Wanted more? Like every other guy out there. Congratulations Justin, you proved me wrong and showed me your like all the other boys out there.” 

It was over..here I was now, I had ruined all my makeup by crying. I pulled the locket off my neck and threw it down into the pool below us. 

“I wish I never met you!” 

© 2011 Pretty Girl


Author's Note

Pretty Girl
There are some grammar and vocabulary problems, please just tell me what you think of the general story line.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is a very well written story, everything is set up wonderful.
Love the characters and how they get into their places.
Very well done, I enjoyed this.

Posted 13 Years Ago


good job!

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

127 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 5, 2011
Last Updated on February 5, 2011

Author

Pretty Girl
Pretty Girl

Canada



About
Writing is a way for me to express myself. Its a way for me too escape and vent about life. Originally I started with fanfiction, and eventually I just grew onto doing my own stories. If someone could.. more..

Writing