The Red Hood

The Red Hood

A Story by Dylan Carew
"

This is the story of Little Red Riding Hood from the perspective of a cloud. I did this piece in gr.12 for an assignment.

"

A slow gust passed through me on a fine Monday morning. Birds chirped and flew under me swiftly and graciously. But something was in the air, I could feel it. It felt sinister, evil almost. It wasn’t quite pure evil because it felt like instinct. It felt like this thing was raised this way, maybe it doesn’t know any better. As I slowly pass through the air, very faintly, I can feel the presence of something oh so sweet. Something that is the epitome of happiness and joy and love in this world, unfortunately this sweetness was surrounded by this sinister aurora.

 

I look down upon the forest, and watch a little girl in a red hood emerge and joyfully skipped along the forest path. This was her! This is that sweet sensation I felt earlier. This little girl in red, she makes the air around her alive and full of happiness. I could sense a little bit of urgency in her spirit, I wondered what it could be, where does this little girl have to go? I watched her skip along the forest path, and I could feel all of the animals become more joyful. Everyone loved this girl, her presence just made their day, and even I was happy, I was in love this girl’s energy. Then it came back.

 

This evil feeling came over me, the same one that I had before. I desperately searched for it. It was slowly surrounding her, I searched and searched. Then I found it! It was a wolf. A wolf was slowly following the girl. Stalking from the shadows, under bushes and behind trees, it seemed like he was waiting for the moment to strike. I tried to worn the girl but all that came out was thunder. I forgot that I don’t speak English. I was now directly above the girl. And so was the wolf.

 

The two were standing there; it looked like they were just talking. I watched suspiciously as the wolf was talking to the girl. The girl’s spirit remained the same, as if she felt no fear from the wolf. On the other hand, the wolf’s sinister aurora grew and grew. As if he was getting hungry. I could only imagine what he was thinking. Then the wolf sped off, and the girl after him. The wolf was racing through the forest, everything in his past instantly got out of the way. Even the trees wanted to move, I could feel them, but they couldn’t. But the girl in red gently skipped along, putting everything at ease.

 

I was back where the girl started now, the wind was picking up. The wolf reached a house and knocked on the door. The girl was still a ways behind. The wolf entered the house, and I watched the horror that he did to the old lady through the window. I was too far away now to see anything, the last thing I saw was the little girl knocking on the door to the house. The house now the same sinister aurora as the wolf, all I can do now is pray for the girl.

© 2012 Dylan Carew


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

203 Views
Added on September 9, 2012
Last Updated on September 9, 2012
Tags: Little, Red, Riding, Hood, Cloud

Author

Dylan Carew
Dylan Carew

Ottawa, Nepean, Canada



Writing