Preface

Preface

A Chapter by Cecile Wonder

Preface
"Please, I'm sorry. I just need one last chance. I'll do anything." 
   The man on the throne looked at me and i winced back. I had no right to order Him around. I was the one who took my life, not Him. He looks at me with pity and sighs. 
 "I know that you are sorry. I can see and feel that. I will give you one last chance. You will go back to Earth and be Zie Raines' protector."
   I stare at Him in shock. Zie Raine is my worst enemy in our small hick town. There is no way she will let me watch over her. At this point though, it's either watch over the biggest b***h or go to Hell. I'm not completely sure which is worse.
   "I'll do it. Thank you Father." I kneel and the next thing I know I'm in the hospital bed with everyone I know crowding around crying. This is not going to be easy. Is all I can think as I look around at the tear streaked faces. 
   Finally someone notices me and shouts for a doctor. The doctor looks ridiculous as he checks my pulse and heart, searching for any sign that I'm dead.
   "I'm alive. What happened?" I say playing along. For some reason I felt that if I said that I saw God, I'd be placed in an institution or something. I did't want to take any chances of not succeeding at my one job. My one reason for being alive.
   "You're a miracle son. That is the only way I can explain it." The doctor shakes his head and pulls my parents aside to talk with them. By the look on their faces, the doctor is telling them to keep close watch. I will never get another second alone. Maybe Hell would have been better...


© 2016 Cecile Wonder


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

WOW. Great story. I love it.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Sounds soo interesting and different please check my book out

Posted 8 Years Ago


Intriguing. So the boy tried to take his own life and God sent him back to earth.

This is a promising start. the reader can anticipate the difficulty of the task of protecting his enemy.
And we wonder why he wanted to kill himself.

Well done.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Cecile Wonder

8 Years Ago

Thank you, the reason he tried killing himself shall come later on and i hope this story is as great.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

300 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 6, 2015
Last Updated on March 16, 2016


Author

Cecile Wonder
Cecile Wonder

Bellevue, MI



About
I love reading writing and music. My life practically revolves around these three things. I love to meet new people and to read others writing. I'm all for criticism, for it makes me a better writer. .. more..

Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Cecile Wonder


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by Cecile Wonder