A Lost Lamb

A Lost Lamb

A Poem by Princess_ck84
"

I was inspired for this one by the bible story of Judas and the tale of The Last Supper... enjoy :)

"

A Lost Lamb  

The sounds of low

Voices and stirring movement

In this small place seem to echo

And I long to repent

 

I cannot sit still

His eyes scream he knows

So loud it make me ill

He breaks the bread, the wine flows

In his memory, we have our fill

 

In a dark corner, I drop to my knee

The sounds of his words, “I say unto you,

That one of you shall betray me…”

Sear my mind; my wits are few

 

In dreaded fear eleven ask,

“Lord, is it I?”

I long to wear a mask

I long to die,

For it is now my turn to ask

 

Without malice and with a look so serene

He answers, “Thou, hast said,” and his eyes become silent

Now it is my eyes that scream

And I pray the Father will be as lenient

© 2008 Princess_ck84


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I am no longer Christian, but this decision came at a long length of study into the religion. However, I have to say that Judas takes a bad rap for the betrayal of Jesus. If not for him, the Passion never would have happened and Jesus would not have died for the sins of mankind. In a way, Judas did the world a favor.
This said, I thought the insight you offered toward the guilt Judas felt for the betrayal was a tremendous display of your poetic ability. Nicely written.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Wow, I never thought to write something from Judas's point of view. That was clever and kept my interest even though I'm not very religious. Great write :)

Posted 14 Years Ago


Very well written poem, The imagery and flow were very well executed. The story of the last supper never grows old. You have done a good job of conveying how we all feel sometimes when we blow it. Thank God for His grace and mercy. Keep up the great work.

God Bless!

Posted 14 Years Ago


You have creatively captured the troubled mind of Judas in poetic poignancy. Practically all Christians, whether laity, clergy, or theologians, still consider Judas to be a conspirator. Even the term 'Judas' has emerged in many languages as a synonym for betrayer. However, some academics have presented alternative theories, suggesting Judas was merely the negotiator in a prearranged prisoner exchange, that gave Jesus to the Roman authorities, by mutual agreement. It has also been proposed, Judas acted with Jesus' knowledge and consent, to ensure the re-enactment of Biblical prophecy. And, his later portrayal as "traitor" was a historical distortion of the real Judas' true motive.

Any write that makes you think is a sign of a talented pen. Excellent work!

God's Blessing
Phillozofee

Posted 15 Years Ago


I am no longer Christian, but this decision came at a long length of study into the religion. However, I have to say that Judas takes a bad rap for the betrayal of Jesus. If not for him, the Passion never would have happened and Jesus would not have died for the sins of mankind. In a way, Judas did the world a favor.
This said, I thought the insight you offered toward the guilt Judas felt for the betrayal was a tremendous display of your poetic ability. Nicely written.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Great subject, great style, and great flow. Good job :-)

Posted 15 Years Ago


After a difficult situation in my youth I gave up on my religion. Thankfully I have moved on past this, but I still feel insecure in my faith... to put it simply, your poem touched me. My only suggestion is for you to let it sit for a week or so, then read it through once or twice - a few areas have shaking flow.

other than that, it was a great piece. Thank you for sharing, and best of luck

Posted 15 Years Ago


Nicely Done... Don't believe I have ever seen anything written in judas' point of veiw before very intrigueing and very well done! thanks for entering it in my sleepless night contest...

~Frances~

Posted 15 Years Ago


This is a very unique poem.... not many dare to write in Judas' point of view... This is very well done... you can feel the emotions in this one... Great Job!

Posted 15 Years Ago


The one is pretty authentic, I like how it's a story summarized so shortly that its emotional without really knowing why, as if our brain 'fills in the blanks', very arousing in a literary sense. I'm going to give it a 90, if that's okay with you...

Posted 15 Years Ago


Very nice.
I really, really liked this.
It was very well written.
Good work!

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

348 Views
10 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on April 12, 2008
Last Updated on July 22, 2008

Author

Princess_ck84
Princess_ck84

North Bay, Canada



About
I am amazingly sexy, I'm cute and voluptuous in a good way, I'm a Princess, I am HIGHLY underestimated, I can be the kindest and most wonderful person you'll ever meet, but I can also be that person.. more..

Writing
Untitled Untitled

A Story by Princess_ck84


'Ol Blue 'Ol Blue

A Story by Princess_ck84



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..