'Ol Blue

'Ol Blue

A Story by Princess_ck84

‘Ol Blue

            Old, crumpled, and left in the closet to wither away in darkness, I watch her.  A sliver of light seeps through the partially open door and I see a room that is so familiar, yet has now changed with her tastes and her age.  I can see the walls still a muted rose once adorned with scrap paper of her talented drawings.  Scribbles of the rainbow, have been removed and replaced with large posters of gorgeous young men and pictures of her with her friends.

            Oh, how I long for the days when those creative and lively scribbles decorated her walls, those were the days.  Those were the days where I was always clutched lovingly to her chest and followed her everywhere; car rides to the super market, sleepovers, stayed by her side as she played with her dolls, I even had earned the esteemed honour of being cradled in her arms as she slept.

             Years passed and she began to grow.  I no longer accompanied her everywhere she went and spent most of my days at the foot of her bed, but when she felt a chill as she read a book, I was wrapped around her shoulders and I gave her my warmth.  I didn’t mind these years and the changes to our relationship, as I was still privileged enough to cuddle with her each night.

            Then the years came along where she  began coming home late, sneaking boys into her room when her parents were fast asleep, and for a time I stayed neatly placed at the foot of her bed, and though I didn’t spend my nights in her arms anymore, I was still content to just be close to her.  Then, one night, in a heated passion, I was flung from my precious spot and landed, broken, in the open closet and it is there where I now remain.

            So, here I am watching my girl grow from a distance and I am content. Though I have been mainly buried by old clothes and crushed by heavy books, I can still see her.  I can still see her smile.

 

 

I awake as the darkness around me is engulfed in light and I see her kneeling above me, shoving the old clothes into bags and packing away the heavy old books that were weighing me down.  A surging of dread begins to flow through me as I see her tossing other blankets and tattered toys into the bag.  I watch her face for any sign, but she appears to not have spotted me just yet… but there, she has spotted me and she pauses.  I wait with anticipation, searching her glowing face.  I see a fond and familiar smile spread across her features and I am suddenly cradled in her arms once again!

            “There you are…” she whispers to me, “I’m going to need you…” I am tucked into a bag and shipped off with her on her journey to college, where I spend most of my days neatly displayed across her tiny bed and cradled in her arms at night.

© 2008 Princess_ck84


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very nice! I loved it. I actually had a baby doll that I carried ALL the time when I was little. I'm almost twenty and in college now, and she sits proudly on my dresser. I loved the way you told of the little girl growing up. It reminds me of when I was younger and thought that my stuffed animals had feelings too. Very nice story though. Touche!

Posted 15 Years Ago


For as short as this was, it was extremely touching. Being the morose b*****d that I tend to be, I probably would have left the doll buried under the clothes; never to see her caretaker again and forever condemned to the neglected dirty laundry. But, that's just me. I actually loved the way you ended this. All in all, it was very well-told. Brava!

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

202 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on July 1, 2008

Author

Princess_ck84
Princess_ck84

North Bay, Canada



About
I am amazingly sexy, I'm cute and voluptuous in a good way, I'm a Princess, I am HIGHLY underestimated, I can be the kindest and most wonderful person you'll ever meet, but I can also be that person.. more..

Writing
Untitled Untitled

A Story by Princess_ck84