Hey mother, I have a question.

Hey mother, I have a question.

A Story by ProfessorPadilla

“Hey mother, I have a question, who gave me rights.”
“You were born with them because you’re a child of God and a child of mine.”
“Does that mean you can take them away?”
“No, no one on this Earth can ever take away your rights.”
(These words were false) (The idea that rights are a birth given, and that they are unobtainable by an exterior force.)(These ideas were all false.)
“What are my rights?”
“Whatever society is willing to give you. A right is an idea or a concept that everyone agrees we should have.”
“That doesn’t answer my question.”
(These words are false.)(I understood the words that she spoke, I just held onto the hope that it was just a joke.)(These ideas were all false.)
“Will we ever lose our rights?”
“Only in times, that selfishness rules the collective minds of the masses. For that is the devil’s gift to man; selfishness.”
“Are people selfish?”
“People as a whole, no, but as individuals, yes.”
(These words are false.)(I knew what she wanted to say, but it was hidden beneath the smile she held on her face.) (These ideas were all false.)
“Have we ever lose our rights?”
“More times than I can count. Although it may not have been us, it has definitely happened to us before.”
“Why would we lose them?”
“Because, that's the greatest flaw of society, its inability to hold onto promises.”
(I wish these words were false.)(But looking back, it all to true.)(These ideas were all false.)
“Do not worry. We will learn from yesterday, change today, and live on tomorrow.”
“Those words are false. Yesterday has been forgotten. Today is tomorrow. And tomorrow never comes. That’s why these ideas are all false.”

- N.P.

© 2017 ProfessorPadilla


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

112 Views
Added on July 20, 2017
Last Updated on July 20, 2017
Tags: rights, question, lose, society, myself

Author

ProfessorPadilla
ProfessorPadilla

Oxnard, CA



About
Hello everyone, I would like to apologize for absent these past 2 years. I've been trying to find myself and what I want to write about, well I believe I have found a new purpose for my writing an.. more..

Writing