The Black-Wit Reveller

The Black-Wit Reveller

A Poem by Pryde Foltz
"

Words will fall like leaves on a windy autumn day. It's a party.

"
This poem has moved. Be sure to click on the youtube link below to read and listen:)








Published in Strays. Available on Amazon.


Strays is a collection of two extended narratives and more than forty love-themed poems, exploring the meaning of romantic love while we have it and attempting to find the healing after its loss. Found within these pages is the short story Gutter Dog, the novelette Ginni, and the poems False Skin, the Boy Who Wore Clothes, and the Black-Wit Reveller.

© 2014 Pryde Foltz


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

So lovely, and gosh! I love your voice!

Posted 8 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

8 Years Ago

Thank you, Clara:)
I love the end to this musical piece. It just adds an unexpected punch.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

9 Years Ago

Thank you, KL. This is an older one that I wrote last fall but I thought Spring would be a good time.. read more
oh geez .. what a wonderment of suspicion you have placed on me ... i thought i could trust the spring and fall ... all four now in an eternal cycle of destruction of each other ... damn girl! this is one for the books ... so appreciate your creative edge and unique presentation of the seasons ... really good job says i ..
E.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

9 Years Ago

Thank you E.
Wow-wee what a clincher. That last paragraph just mesmerizing! Just one small grammar Nazi comment though. "An crespuscular."

Posted 9 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

9 Years Ago

Thank you, Lee. 'An' where did that come from?
"Nature stands upon the wreckage, naked, unabashed and demanding
of death, her beloved bearded Winter, way past last call
ice and snow; snow and ice ... to fill a forlorn and empty tumbler

They await out the night under a blanket of ivory, silent, bereft, and wondering
wrapped in an crepuscular, cold embrace, somehow still inviting"

Simply amazing...:).................

Posted 9 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

9 Years Ago

Thank you, Sami.
Sami Khalil

9 Years Ago

You are welcome muchly...:)..........................
Captivating writing Pryde. I was surprised you made me feel sorry for MN but realised that the cycle is what it is - it must come to pass or its GAME OVER. The colour palette you painted was exquisite.
X


Posted 10 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

10 Years Ago

Thank you, ANTO. I have a soft spot in my heart for MN too.
I loved this. The party of the seasons. Bedding down with bearded winter to await the crocus. Lovely lovely lovely. I did one of these I think in 2009 but yours is so much livelier.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

10 Years Ago

Thank you, TL. With ones like these, they sort of take over. I glad you liked it. It is one of my fa.. read more
It's a date! I rather liked this one, Pryde. I think it was the richness of the vocabulary and the good use that it was put to. Well, that and the daffodil... I'm a sucker for daffodils.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

10 Years Ago

Daffodils let you look up their frilled skirts. Thank you, Tam.
ANTO

10 Years Ago

Daffadildoeswat???
Pryde Foltz

10 Years Ago

Dirty........
Love love love the last stanza here especially, as well as the rest. I also really enjoy the couplet right before it. I would like to see a stronger conceit and a stronger presence of the speaker, but of course I am being picky. Nice write.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

10 Years Ago

Thank you, PKuhl.

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1150 Views
37 Reviews
Shelved in 4 Libraries
Added on September 18, 2013
Last Updated on September 7, 2014

Author

Pryde Foltz
Pryde Foltz

Vancouver, Canada



About
My written work can be found on amazon.com https://goo.gl/o8sLUi Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/prydefoltzwriter/ twitter: @Pryde Foltz Facebook: pryde foltz Youtubehttps:/http://goo.gl/Eqx.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Scumbag Scumbag

A Poem by s y e