Cyber Stones: Cyber Shame

Cyber Stones: Cyber Shame

A Poem by Pryde Foltz

 
 
Cyber Stones; Cyber Shame

To hear and read this poem. Please visit the link below.


 

© 2014 Pryde Foltz


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

You’ve described all those Internet stones and arrows flung on the Internet very well in this poem. All through history it has always been those who think of themselves as having no faults who have precipitated war and violence in the name of purification. Let he who is without fault purify the world, but who may that be, or how may such a person purify society short of engaging in catastrophic acts of violence? Beware of definers of absolute good and evil, for there are no absolutes. Good and evil is a dynamic function of the present situation, and that changes from moment to moment. A sane person is willing to change in order to adapt to changing conditions. The only indicator that we have of “Good” is sanity, and sanity it that mentality which enables us to survive together as one human tribe with empathy for all points-of-view and an intelligence for compromise.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pryde Foltz

9 Years Ago

Beautiful Aethereal … your review is a healing balm.



Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
ANM
The cyber world can be as cruel as the real one.. Really brings the pint home !!

Posted 9 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

9 Years Ago

Thanks ANM.
ANM

9 Years Ago

You are welcome!
Sounds like the internet to me in another saritirical and humour filled piece. We just have to learn to duck and develop a thick skin lol!

Posted 9 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

9 Years Ago

Yes a thick skin is a must:)
made me giggle with this one.. imagery is so entertaining... unfortunately, there is some truth to these words which isn't so amusing.. cyber sticks and stones still hurt and there are real people behind these screen with real feelings... another well written piece that playfully takes on a rather serious subject..

Posted 9 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

9 Years Ago

Thank you, April:)
not trying to have a philosophical debate, Pryde, the thing I was thinking as I read was this: where is justice? where is truth? where is right and how do we put an end to wrong? Can there really be peace with out justice? Without truth in command? Without doing away with wrong??

This does not always mean stoning someone, or just having an opinion, and especially not just attacking someone in real or on internet, spreading rumors and hearsay... but it does mean digging into what is the truth and then correcting what is wrong, stopping it and that can (not guarenteed) lead to justice and peace...

Again, just some things I thought about as I read...
~~redzone

Posted 9 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

9 Years Ago

Thank you, Curt. I tweeted something today about the line of good and evil running through every man.. read more
ow, that last metaphorical stone hurt.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

9 Years Ago

As they say … the true line of good and evil runs through every man … also we pick the evil side.. read more
right on the money with this one. I have a facebook account - have been there since 2007 and sometimes I grow so weary of the feed - the takes on the spun up news of the day - some of that happens here too but at least people try to present it creatively.
Healing - what's that. Yup.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

9 Years Ago

Thanks Tammy. My fb feed was the very thing that originally inspired this write. However and alas it.. read more
Great poem on a sensitive subject. Your compassion for people is evident in this wonderful poem.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

9 Years Ago

Thank you, Mary:)
Wow I hadnt thought about it that way I guess if one person names them demons then that is enough for them to burn in hell in public scrutiny.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

9 Years Ago

Alas … sometimes. Thank you, Squinkla.
It's so easy to start on a path of anger in this world. No voice inflection, no posture, no gestures.. only words to glean meaning from. And of course, you don't face the object of your anger. Shine on lady poet. :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

9 Years Ago

Thanks, Mark.

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2026 Views
49 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on June 20, 2014
Last Updated on October 8, 2014

Author

Pryde Foltz
Pryde Foltz

Vancouver, Canada



About
My written work can be found on amazon.com https://goo.gl/o8sLUi Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/prydefoltzwriter/ twitter: @Pryde Foltz Facebook: pryde foltz Youtubehttps:/http://goo.gl/Eqx.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Eureka Eureka

A Poem by Pryde Foltz