Devil is a DJ

Devil is a DJ

A Poem by Pryde Foltz
"

A rework of an older piece and yes there is audio:)

"

To view this poem please visit the audio at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cv9O4n7OLBk


The Devil is a DJ



Published in Monsters



Monsters contains the short story series Demons, Harlots and Crones, which follows two generations of the Demeere family and its legacy of spite and envy. Included in the series is Demon in High Socks; Holler it out with Lemonade; the Old Lady, Her Plymouth, and Cockroaches; Sex in a Pan; and the Fire Crone and Stone Harlot. Also within Monster’s pages are fifty-odd poems exploring the darker side of human nature and its undeniable conclusion. Two Orphan Sparrows, the Devil is a DJ, the Last Striptease, Beware of Librarians Promising Freedom and many more titles are found within. Ultimately monster asks the reader to look at the darkness found within herself and by facing it, perchance move beyond.

© 2014 Pryde Foltz


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This one gave me goosebumps all the way. Probably one of my favourites I have ever read of yours. I like the angle, making war and the death of soldiers of the devil's making, and humanity complicit. An indictment of the act and not the players. Very wonderful imagery.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pryde Foltz

9 Years Ago

Thank you, KL. You rounded out the images and meaning perfectly with this review:)



Reviews

Amazing verbal poetry dear Poet. Thank you.
Coyote

Posted 9 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

9 Years Ago

Thank you, Coyote.
Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

You are welcome.
Bravo! Bravo! I love this piece *applause*

Posted 9 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

9 Years Ago

Thanks … you are kind:)
wow... really awesome...!

Posted 9 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

9 Years Ago

Thank you, Megha.
Have an image of a politician, standing before a large crowd, in a rural setting, whipping up the people, to enlist, in the fight, against the Germans, Austro-Hungarians and the Ottomans, during WWI. Who have been replaced by the DJs, of today, preaching their message of hate and violence, through their music selection.

Sadly, people want to believe the lie, when the truth is, a complicated thing, requiring one, to stop and think about their action, before engaging in them. For thinking, is a painful thing, they want to avoid. Thank you, for sharing this thought provoking poem.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

9 Years Ago

Thank you, Therisa.
therisa

9 Years Ago

Your welcome, Pryde.
This brought back my thoughts as I watched Homeland last night. Who's idea of right is right and does this then give us justification for killing. You a very thought provoking writer.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

9 Years Ago

Thank you, Michael.
WOW!
That is definitely amongst the best poems i have read since i joined WC.
I love how you have a to date fell when everyone is stuck in the past..
Truly skilful and a joy to read
Thank you for sharing such an excellent piece of poetry i loved it through and through.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

9 Years Ago

Thank you, Angad.
I listened to this on youtube and it has an unerving quality to it. Seems we are complicit if we stand by or join him in his quest. Loved your reading of it!

Posted 9 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

9 Years Ago

We are ruled by our ego and ignorance and manipulated by men who use are ego and ignorance to obtain.. read more
John Alexander McFadyen

9 Years Ago

I guess I am not just as deeply cynical having watched religion and its hypnotic effect all my life... read more
Pryde Foltz

9 Years Ago

Religion can lead the ego-bound astray readily … that is for sure.
this one is killer, goosebumps and dark imagery!

Posted 9 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

9 Years Ago

Thanks, Mayank.
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
BL
I get a lot of different things from this beautiful collage of poetry you have created. I hear the devil beating drums, calling on uncertain souls to dance and then sin of course. I hear that distant sound of our primeval past and all the fears of our ancestors. You have brought some strong images to mind.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

9 Years Ago

Thank you, Bluely.
Very well penned. I love the imagery you provide and the sense of evil being overlooked due to its alluring attraction. Love the creativity with this one. Well done.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

9 Years Ago

Thank you, Briana. Hope you had a chance to watch the video:)

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1389 Views
30 Reviews
Shelved in 5 Libraries
Added on September 23, 2014
Last Updated on October 16, 2014

Author

Pryde Foltz
Pryde Foltz

Vancouver, Canada



About
My written work can be found on amazon.com https://goo.gl/o8sLUi Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/prydefoltzwriter/ twitter: @Pryde Foltz Facebook: pryde foltz Youtubehttps:/http://goo.gl/Eqx.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Aris Aris

A Poem by Tate Morgan


Captured Captured

A Poem by MsJewel