Devil is a DJ

Devil is a DJ

A Poem by Pryde Foltz
"

A rework of an older piece and yes there is audio:)

"

To view this poem please visit the audio at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cv9O4n7OLBk


The Devil is a DJ



Published in Monsters



Monsters contains the short story series Demons, Harlots and Crones, which follows two generations of the Demeere family and its legacy of spite and envy. Included in the series is Demon in High Socks; Holler it out with Lemonade; the Old Lady, Her Plymouth, and Cockroaches; Sex in a Pan; and the Fire Crone and Stone Harlot. Also within Monster’s pages are fifty-odd poems exploring the darker side of human nature and its undeniable conclusion. Two Orphan Sparrows, the Devil is a DJ, the Last Striptease, Beware of Librarians Promising Freedom and many more titles are found within. Ultimately monster asks the reader to look at the darkness found within herself and by facing it, perchance move beyond.

© 2014 Pryde Foltz


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This one gave me goosebumps all the way. Probably one of my favourites I have ever read of yours. I like the angle, making war and the death of soldiers of the devil's making, and humanity complicit. An indictment of the act and not the players. Very wonderful imagery.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pryde Foltz

9 Years Ago

Thank you, KL. You rounded out the images and meaning perfectly with this review:)



Reviews

The Devil can play us like a string on a instrument and many
the strings of a puppet as they have not a care for their life
and allowing addictions control them he is the Arguments we
have Just in the pews of the Audience Aging us on trying to get us to
get upset and offended all the time he loves Hate and fighting and war that kills
he is the opposite of life even though God made him.



This was quite interesting and amusing I see him all red
wearing Headphones one on one ear and one off the other ear
and him rapping on the records but it is true how
he plays many in this world.


Thank you for sharing. take care Benita

Posted 9 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

9 Years Ago

Thanks, Benita.
Benita-Staebell M - KindredPoet

9 Years Ago

You're welcome. this was very interesting reading. Take care Benita
enjoyed the poem and the history lesson

Posted 9 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

9 Years Ago

Thanks, Ron:)
Lucifer plays the piano. Humanity becomes the keys. No problem being a DJ. Nice write.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

9 Years Ago

Thank you, Jon.
The imagery gave my goosebumps shivers, lots to think about here, another exalted rendition from your poignant pen Pryde Peacock.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

9 Years Ago

Thanks Frieda:)
You've got me at the title, aren't I glad to have found this writing it has made my day! Even brightening. Not only is the format clever and the "chorus lines" full of satire I find the concept enticing and so it should be. Just the other day I read about a Mom that left family and kids to go and fight for Isis and it took me by suprise. I also really appreciate the either or tone of th writing. None of that yellow undicided terms of well as long as I am Ok here I am not hurting anyone sort of thing. We are responsible for the unfoldings if we are not actively against it.

So intense but highly enjoyable.

Thankyou so much.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

9 Years Ago

Thank you, Rene:)
Dark and twisted and thought provoking

Posted 9 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

9 Years Ago

LOL … I think I may be one as well:)
MomzillaNC

9 Years Ago

Keep 'em busy, stay in their business!
MomzillaNC

9 Years Ago

That's the Momzilla creed.
This one gave me goosebumps all the way. Probably one of my favourites I have ever read of yours. I like the angle, making war and the death of soldiers of the devil's making, and humanity complicit. An indictment of the act and not the players. Very wonderful imagery.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pryde Foltz

9 Years Ago

Thank you, KL. You rounded out the images and meaning perfectly with this review:)
the imagery and flow of ideas in this one is magical... it is dark, twisted and wickedly delightful.. I really enjoyed this piece:)

Posted 9 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

9 Years Ago

Thank you, April:)
Very entertaining and amusing. I like the concept and analogy. The devil is a master deceiver and mixer of things concerning truth and we are swayed by him and other factors...Excellent...:)....

Posted 9 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

9 Years Ago

Thank you, Sami:)
Sami Khalil

9 Years Ago

You are welcome...:)........
Wow, I used to work in a small little alternative club. My friend was the DJ. I did the lighting.
The music was, let's just say much darker than what I listen to now. I still remember watching the crowd, like they were under some spell. This reminds me of those days a bit. Love it Pryde. Nice job.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

9 Years Ago

I remember those days. Thank you, Ana Sophia:)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1399 Views
30 Reviews
Shelved in 5 Libraries
Added on September 23, 2014
Last Updated on October 16, 2014

Author

Pryde Foltz
Pryde Foltz

Vancouver, Canada



About
My written work can be found on amazon.com https://goo.gl/o8sLUi Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/prydefoltzwriter/ twitter: @Pryde Foltz Facebook: pryde foltz Youtubehttps:/http://goo.gl/Eqx.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Aris Aris

A Poem by Tate Morgan


Captured Captured

A Poem by MsJewel