There's a Manta Ray in My Living Room

There's a Manta Ray in My Living Room

A Poem by Pryde Foltz
"

A reading

"
There's a Manta Ray in My Living Room
A Reading



There's a Manta Ray in My Living Room was conceived after a dream. The dream was no doubt in response to a WC kerfuffle that I had chosen to get involved in many tides back. As some of you know I practise meditation and try very ardently to stay in touch with my higher self, to behave as my conscience and not my emotions/ego would have it, something easier to do when the air and the waters are calm … much more difficult during a storm. But always there are your dreams, your subconscious, to offer some guidance.


There's a Manta Ray in My Living Room is published in Monsters



Monsters contains the short story series Demons, Harlots and Crones, which follows two generations of the Demeere family and its legacy of spite and envy. Included in the series is Demon in High Socks; Holler it out with Lemonade; the Old Lady, Her Plymouth, and Cockroaches; Sex in a Pan; and the Fire Crone and Stone Harlot. Also within Monster’s pages are fifty-odd poems exploring the darker side of human nature and its undeniable conclusion. Two Orphan Sparrows, the Devil is a DJ, the Last Striptease, Beware of Librarians Promising Freedom and many more titles are found within. Ultimately monster asks the reader to look at the darkness found within herself and by facing it, perchance move beyond.

© 2014 Pryde Foltz


Author's Note

Pryde Foltz
Captcha …yclept

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

something easier to do when the air and the waters are calm … much more difficult during a storm.

what a nice way to link the dream to the reality. Liked it a lot. :)

Love :)
***************************************************************************************************************************************************

Posted 9 Years Ago


Anand Sehgal

9 Years Ago

Correct dear, thanks for catching me by the collar or I would have missed the great piece .
<.. read more
Pryde Foltz

9 Years Ago

Thank you, Anand … glad you came back and could hear the work:)
Anand Sehgal

9 Years Ago

I am always keen to listen to you :)
Oh man, you are so vivid Pryde. This is utterly brilliant. I loved the story of this one, aha!!

Posted 9 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

9 Years Ago

Yes … it was an aha for me too. Thank you, Noodle.
Love how descriptive you can be Pryde. The essence of your writing really draws the reader in.
Nicely done

Troy

Posted 9 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

9 Years Ago

Thank you, Troy.
Beautiful write. I loved reading this piece. Nicely penned.

Kaze~

Posted 9 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

9 Years Ago

Thank you, Katherine.
&#9812; CrownedDevil &#9790;

9 Years Ago

Anytime. :-)))))))
I found this one beautiful - the read added such a layer to the words, the alliteration was spectacular - bringing in the sand and surf on smooth wings - and I also found it a bit sad. Well done

Posted 9 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

9 Years Ago

Thank you, Tammy … yes a bit sad but like the phoenix the manta swims again:)
A most descriptive and telling piece, as always a pleasure, well done.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

9 Years Ago

Thank you, Thomas:)
Tht was very beautiful and a vived write ,well done.. :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

9 Years Ago

Thank you, Stars are far:)
A vivid & candid poem, it's interesting where our dreams can take us every now and then. Great work. An genuinely unique write & read. :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

9 Years Ago

Thank you, Bpoet.
Beautiful voice and captivating poem. This opened on my phone purely by accident when I accidentally brushed my touch screen but glad of that accident

Posted 9 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

9 Years Ago

Lucky accident, perhaps. Thank you, SpeedyHobbit.
I read the introduction, I listened to your voice, and after a few seconds' pause, felt as if i was sharing a dream from out of nowhere. It's an extraordinary privilege to even briefly become part of someone's space, to see the view and, feel the power or gentleness of the All.

Whatever the seed of your poem, it led the way towards and not away from .. ..

Thank you so much.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

9 Years Ago

Thank you, Emma. I'm glad the piece spoke to you.

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1069 Views
32 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on October 16, 2014
Last Updated on October 16, 2014

Author

Pryde Foltz
Pryde Foltz

Vancouver, Canada



About
My written work can be found on amazon.com https://goo.gl/o8sLUi Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/prydefoltzwriter/ twitter: @Pryde Foltz Facebook: pryde foltz Youtubehttps:/http://goo.gl/Eqx.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..