The Raven, a reading performed by Pryde Foltz.

The Raven, a reading performed by Pryde Foltz.

A Poem by Pryde Foltz
"

In honour of Halloween a little Poe

"
Edgar Allan Poe's
The Raven



recited by 
Pryde Foltz

Click below for the audio



Pryde is the author of the Wisp, a paranormal fantasy. The Wisp is available at the link below at amazon.com and through your local libraries and bookstores.

The Wisp 


Bara dreams of the dark-haired boy, but one blustery day, the dark-haired boy is replaced by a silvery spectre who haunts her even when she is awake, pulling her deeper into dreams and closer to secrets she is better off not knowing. Waking up is no relief. The fictional east-coast town of Windfall offers its own surprises: immortal witches, coffee-loving werewolves, and dream boys come to life. A dead man’s diary names Bara a Clavigen and calls upon her to cage the evil. She must defeat the witch who has ensnared the Wisp in a piece of enchanted amber. Unfortunately the dreams have not revealed all. Always watching, a demon waits to prey upon her young soul.

© 2014 Pryde Foltz


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I loved this, yet again, I am few months late but nevertheless, amazing as ever Pryde.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

9 Years Ago

Thank you, Noodle:)
A wonderful yet original tribute to Poe. I love it when people have the power to be inspired by others works and yet still manage to create something that is all their own. You can see that Poe formed the idea, but it was definitely you who wrote this poem :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

9 Years Ago

Thank you, Amber.
╰☆╮Ah! My favorite poet! Love this! ^-^╰☆╮

Posted 9 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

9 Years Ago

Thank you, Brittany.
exceptional, I love Poe and The Raven is a favourite always brings to mind Vincent Price in the movie from long ago, another priceless gem no pun intended, thank you Pryde :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

9 Years Ago

Thank you, Richard:)
Brilliant..... loved it. Poe is my fav.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

9 Years Ago

Thank you, Mayank.
It is amazing. I added you to my Youtube favorite.
Coyote

Posted 9 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

9 Years Ago

Thank you, Coyote. Still smiling here:)
Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

You are welcome. A hard tale to express properly. You did.
Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

I re-posted on my wordpress site. 30 hits in one hour.
Every single one of us carries within us that unique individuality so when you read this although I have read this and fragmented it,studied it, metabolized and God knows how many other form of adulation and deep respect through admiration I still find it to be breathtaking. Is not only that the poem speaks to me but is you Pryde your soft and gentleness brought about a different element, one that I hadn't noticed before and maybe the search, the enticement and the lack of sanity portrayed by you is more of an intrinsical part of our human outfit as it was through his words only. I also felt a certain humblness through your tone as if to say I know you took Lenore yet I will wait as I confess I can't fathom you. As he said: "Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality." your reality in the reading was less haunting yet equally challenging.

Thankyou


Posted 9 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

9 Years Ago

Thank you, Rene. The narrator has lost the love of his life … he is grieving and heartbroken and I.. read more
What a fantastic job you did Pryde. I love this poem and you performed it perfectly.The abject loneliness and despair of the poem is enhanced by the supernatural pauses in your performance. A bleak poem read with style and éclat. You made the poem hang in the air with bated breath and then made the it, for a moment, very real for the listener. Great job.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

9 Years Ago

Love this review … thank you, IcyBlue.
Firstly, it has been years since last I read this poem, and I had completely forgotten how long it actually was. Well spoken, as always Pryde.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

9 Years Ago

Thank you, Noel.
the thing that is oft missed with Poe is the sadness. Much of his work is saturated not just with horror but with the ache of regret and loss. Your reading brought that ache to the forefront. it is what makes Poe transparent to me - what makes his writing resonant.

Posted 9 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

944 Views
23 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on October 29, 2014
Last Updated on October 30, 2014

Author

Pryde Foltz
Pryde Foltz

Vancouver, Canada



About
My written work can be found on amazon.com https://goo.gl/o8sLUi Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/prydefoltzwriter/ twitter: @Pryde Foltz Facebook: pryde foltz Youtubehttps:/http://goo.gl/Eqx.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Aris Aris

A Poem by Tate Morgan