A Rational Fear of Nakedness and Bright Colours

A Rational Fear of Nakedness and Bright Colours

A Poem by Pryde Foltz
"

A little spoken word summer beach disco fun

"


All my published titles are available at the link below

http://goo.gl/3wCtZE

© 2016 Pryde Foltz


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

very clever ..highly intelligent trip from fashion and fusions of the mindless ego ;) ... i like the naked part the best! ...
on a more serious level ... enjoyed the music ..made me think of surfing .. thank you for the peak behind the scenes (so to speak) of women's fashions .. from corsets to bloomers to ?????? well ... whatever it is that is just before the being naked .... you are saying far more than meets the eye and for one ..i have to listen a couple more times .. never wanting to miss something important :)) love you Pryde! great avatar!
especially like the "thought then the feelings" (i believe it) .. and you are one in a million to take the stand on the side of expansion .. brave young lady ..hurrah for you!!! if battle with Jenny ensues ..you let me know Ok?? i am on your side! :)))
E.


Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Pryde Foltz

7 Years Ago

I wrote a response to you and then ... boo hoo it did not take. Thanks E. Of course the poem is for .. read more
Einstein Noodle

7 Years Ago

Jenny Craig ... diet queen .. she would rather fit the woman to the corset rather than adjust the se.. read more



Reviews

Everyone has their interpretation and in mine I couldn't help but think of the 18th century. It must have been the corsets that did it. There was also a movie in the seventies though I forget the title where they were all naked by the pool. That popped into my head too. Your words are intellectual and accurate.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

7 Years Ago

Thank you, Grey. A timeless piece perhaps:):):0
a telling and quirky piece here my love, your intelligence shines through as always, well done, good read.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

7 Years Ago

Thank you, Thomas, This growing to be one of my favorites:)
To be honest I didn't finish this I found the background music too destracting and it made it hard to hear you sometimes. I like written poems as it's easier to take your own message. Have you ever tried a beat poem?

Posted 7 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

7 Years Ago

You can of course ... mute the sound:)
Matthew Ian Herrawood W

7 Years Ago

ahhh earlier I didn't watch the video. I was in a situation where I had to visually mind my surround.. read more
Pryde Foltz

7 Years Ago

no worries
Ok Pryde with a big grin hearing all the way to the end:) I must say this was quite awesome:) but you know my humor lol. How did I feel hearing it was like a cosmic adventure full of colors from the 60s-70s the Woodstock days as you will:) And as my Grandma would say lets go Streaking lol. You may find what I am about to say crazy but you would make an awesome DJ or talk show person. I swear your words the voice it sets all. It's mind blowing what you come up with each and every time to all. So yes 100% awesome sauce:)

Posted 7 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

7 Years Ago

Thanks so much, UP. Made my day:)
??????

7 Years Ago

Smiles always :) your welcome:)
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
sL
It is important to remember that the world was once inhabited by people "with feelings capable of forming a universe," and that maybe a few of the beings alive today could keep it going. But, like you've said people seem to have forgotten our purpose.

Thanks for reviewing my poem so that I might be directed here and hear yours! I'm excited to listen more. I'm excited to think about recording my own... I hadn't really thought about it. Inspired by you.


Posted 7 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

7 Years Ago

That's wonderful, Stephanie. I look forward to hearing your work as well:)
this reminds me of us in the sixties...dealing with the older generation who seemed ashamed of nakedness, and hesitant for change...we took our clothes off and rebelled, the new generation or at least the new times seem to find all of us putting every stitch back on...and hiding our nakedness.

well done...rationality is not one size...we can't be afraid to be who we are.

j.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

7 Years Ago

Thank you, Jacob. I only ever lived the 60's vicariously but I think there is a bit of revolution of.. read more
This comment has been deleted by the poster.
Funny, clever, and really neat presentation.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

7 Years Ago

Thanks, KL:)
I can tell you this much........can we just hold hand..........please?

Regards,
Al

Posted 7 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

7 Years Ago

Who knows what the future will bring. Thanks Al:)
What's truly special about you're poetry is that they have the power to make me think! How did we make such a huge jump from corsets to modern day clothing? (Although corsets are still used today they are rather different.) An interesting thought I must say. Bravo :)

Posted 7 Years Ago


Pryde Foltz

7 Years Ago

That's great. Thank you, Amber. Always nice to see you:)

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

967 Views
16 Reviews
Added on July 15, 2016
Last Updated on July 19, 2016

Author

Pryde Foltz
Pryde Foltz

Vancouver, Canada



About
My written work can be found on amazon.com https://goo.gl/o8sLUi Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/prydefoltzwriter/ twitter: @Pryde Foltz Facebook: pryde foltz Youtubehttps:/http://goo.gl/Eqx.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Spring Spring

A Poem by CRZ