INSOMIA = 3 + 1

INSOMIA = 3 + 1

A Poem by Psychotic Lily
"

Things that keep you awake at night

"
There are 3 + 1 things that unable me to enter the realm of dreams... 
In the stillness of the night paranoia creeps at me like how fog lurks over the cemetery grounds. I see moving shadows from origins I never found out or scratching noises behind the door, knocks outside the windows, or the startling creaks underneath the bed. I had this nagging thought at the back of my head that something was out to get me. 
And in the darkness of the four cornered room I feel its gaze from the corner bidding its time for the perfect opportunity to bare its claws and eat me whole as I lulled myself to sleep... 
Most nights it's because I find myself as a swashbuckling hero in a far off land always on an another adventure. I danced with the elves in their forests, get drunk with the dwarves in their halls of stone, and save humanity from a dark lord. At times I accompany an assassin as she travels the vast continent to paint the lands with blood and reclaim her forgotten homeland. I also found myself as a teen trying to understand reality tries to toss (more like hitting me with a bus). All these places I went and experienced never leaving from my bed.
A good book is like a wild dog on a walk with its master. It never listens to its owner and drags him full force with the leash tied around the beloved pet's neck wreaking havoc as it goes. (Like how an author kills a loved character - know my pain!) 
And the last reason is that reality has become a dream I never want to wake up to. And in that dream he was there. I lie awake at night just staring at the ceiling a silly smile that escapes my lips everytime I think of him... 
The way he walks past me with a goddamn beautiful smile, the glances I stole throughout the day, and small talk that sets my heart a flutter and leaves me like a dazed fool everytime I meet him. 
But this too-good-to-be-true reality would never last... after all no matter what I do. Would he ever look my way, when at his side a gorgeous woman with all the talents bats her long lashes at him? 
But what really gave me insomia where those late night thoughts. Brilliant ideas that only come to me in the comforting peace of the gloom, Embarrassing moments that pop in my head from nowhere, and duties (homework) left undone that I remember just as I was about to tuck myself in. These thoughts that ravish my brain till the sun peaks over the horizon bringing its glaring rays siganlling of another day of a reality I want to escape.
INSOMIA = Paranoia, books, crushes + my hyperactive (but forgetful) brain

© 2017 Psychotic Lily


Author's Note

Psychotic Lily
I edited it already (this is a second draft).I'll review your work as gratitude for reviewing mine

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Days of reality I want to escape.....I do the same.....Well coming to your story, it showed me you are brilliant in a way different from the world, That feature of your's I loved it....:)

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Psychotic Lily

6 Years Ago

Thank you very much!
i love this..i really really love this.....beautiful work!!....i loved it

Posted 6 Years Ago


Psychotic Lily

6 Years Ago

Thank you 😁

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

207 Views
2 Reviews
Added on May 21, 2017
Last Updated on May 24, 2017
Tags: Insomia, late night thoughts

Author

Psychotic Lily
Psychotic Lily

Philippines



About
Greetings! I am one weird girl with peculiar taste. I enjoy writing and reading especially if it involves fantasy and magic. Currently I write poetry, prose, and articles (I used to be part of the sc.. more..

Writing
Carry Carry

A Poem by Psychotic Lily