Why You Can't Move On - Flower and Rain

Why You Can't Move On - Flower and Rain

A Poem by Psychotic Lily
"

You continue to love despite the cruel things because in your eyes they are perfect. That's why you couldn't let go.

"
I had a choice... and I chose to love you and decided to sow the seed of my affection in the fertile earth waiting for it blossom. My love and myself were the flower that grows from the soil nourished by the water that rained from the heavens. The rain was every little thing I loved about you. 


The rain were the memories we shared like how I kept the gifts you sent for its sentimental value, the sweet nothings you whispered into my ear that I kept on hearing even when you weren't there, and the gentle touch I crave time and time again feeling how you held me with so much care as if your touch could break my very being.


But when my love finally bloomed into a beautiful flower adorned with vibrant colors, a typhoon suddenly terrorized.


The days that were usually filled with the memories of us together, but then torrential winds came and foreshadowed the doom we were about to face. The doom that I had never imagined...


The storm finally passed... there wasn't anymore rain for several days. And I was left there battered, broken, and barren... a flower crushed by the strong winds. But I tried to keep my head up... my head above the water since the rain continued to pour ceaselessly even without you.


I was alone but the rain still poured, reliving the time we shared, your voice lovely as ringing bells, and the sweet caresses. Rain no matter how turbulent it is at times it still needed and loved by the thirsty earth, like how memory perfected a person though who was lack and cruel at times, and like the earth I continue to long for you, calling out your name.


And as the rain continued to descend upon the earth until everything was flooded... I couldn't keep my head above the water anymore and sunk into the perfect memories I created that made me cry out for you more.


That's why we couldn't move on. We are drowned in the pieced up ideal memories of a person that our eyes have been blurred from their cruel flaws that battered us. 


And when the flood finally subsides... you couldn't go back to the beautiful flower you once were.


© 2017 Psychotic Lily


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Author's Note

Psychotic Lily
We have a ton of reasons why we can't let go, but for me this is how it goes. (Don't kill me). Send me read requests as a thank you for reviewing my work.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Gee
Whilst there is hope of a reconciliation only the good times remembered. Once all hope lost bitterness creeps in and then the fun begins.
Like this Lily

Posted 6 Years Ago


Psychotic Lily

6 Years Ago

Thank you Gee 😁
This is absolutely beautiful:)
I am trying to let go of my past.
I can relate.
Thanks for sharing!

Posted 6 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
CMC
Beautiful, beautiful work. There are times when we drown in our hopes for a past that will never come back, and it kills what we are, and it obliterates what we hoped to be. I loved the message: thank you for sharing.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Psychotic Lily

6 Years Ago

Thank you Chris XD Feel free to send me reading requests as a thank you, I have a busy sched so it s.. read more
The flood, the flower... You created such a beautiful, truthful metaphor about the things that prevents us from moving on. It is often hard to recover from a disaster like that, for it forever creates Mark's, marks that can't be healed, and we wilt until death meets. We just need to hope that when the storm comes, we are strong enough to fight and recover. Well done!

Posted 6 Years Ago


Psychotic Lily

6 Years Ago

Thank you Sapientiam. Sorry for this late thank you. It's been hard these days
Sapientiam

6 Years Ago

Ah, it's fine. Everyone has those days... ^ ^
Amazing piece of writing, Lily!

I love how you started it and I even loved the title.

Posted 6 Years Ago


Psychotic Lily

6 Years Ago

Thank you Rass for the compliment
Beautifully penned, i really enjoyed your work

Posted 6 Years Ago


Psychotic Lily

6 Years Ago

Thank you Farhan :D
very thoughtful and mature this approach to love grown and love not so anymore ...

you have a good pen

Posted 6 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Psychotic Lily

6 Years Ago

Thank you :)
It's just...a wow....
Beautiful it is...I loved it...
Yeah sometimes it's hard to move on...:)

Posted 6 Years Ago


Psychotic Lily

6 Years Ago

Thank you Surya. Glad you like it 😀
poem or story it is both thing i like it more

Posted 6 Years Ago


Psychotic Lily

6 Years Ago

Thank you writ 😊
Wonderful story as it flows out from the heart leaving raindrops of love behind;-]

Posted 6 Years Ago


Psychotic Lily

6 Years Ago

Thank you Willow 😁

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

717 Views
17 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 26, 2017
Last Updated on May 28, 2017
Tags: Love, Romance, Moving On, Prose

Author

Psychotic Lily
Psychotic Lily

Philippines



About
Greetings! I am one weird girl with peculiar taste. I enjoy writing and reading especially if it involves fantasy and magic. Currently I write poetry, prose, and articles (I used to be part of the sc.. more..

Writing
Carry Carry

A Poem by Psychotic Lily



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


The Harbor The Harbor

A Poem by Ethan