The Friends that Come to Play - Anxiety and Depression

The Friends that Come to Play - Anxiety and Depression

A Story by Psychotic Lily
"

The truth on my two best friends - Anxiety and Depression

"
A lot of people say that you won't know how someone feels if you didn't go through the same experience as he or she does. Well that's frankly true.
And that also goes the same for depression or anxiety. No one would really understand what you are going through no matter how much they look, touch, smell, hear, or even taste you!
Anxiety is easy to talk about. For me it's the fear of everything. It's the fear of loneliness, but it's also the fear of socializing. Being of afraid of failing, but also being afraid to take the risk or be productive. Having anxiety makes you even afraid of other people's thoughts and even your own thoughts. Anxiety forces you to be afraid of who you are. And that fear turns into hate.
Depression is rather hard to explain. It's not sadness. It's like soaking in a warm tub with candle lights illuminating the room. 

Sounds perfectly relaxing right?

Well it won't be when you when the light goes out and you pull the plug. You'll see the water slowly drain away... leaving you shivering in the cold, and alone and naked in the dark. You are vulnerable, stone cold to move, and lost in the gloom. Depression makes you feel like nothing. Depression just makes you stop functioning like the human being you are. Anxiety strips you away from what you love claiming that you were never good enough and once dear friend depression comes by to play it tells it's pointless to do anything... you were never good enough in the first place.
If anxiety is what takes you hostage in your own home then depression would be its best friend dragging you back to the bed pinning you down, telling you that it wouldn't matter if you were out there or in here... telling you no one would care if you vanished into thin air! 
Where do you get this?

You don't know?

Well I don't know either!
It's like hundreds of things that seem that pile on top of another and you have to balance all that weight on a tightrope. While you try to balance on that rope for dear life you also just want to jump and plummet to your doom and finally get this over with.
But you don't.
Live or die either way you think you don't matter.
You'll be stuck in that limbo until you get the courage. The courage not for the right thing to do...
Those two would drill into your head how worthless you are until you feel to take the knife and slit your wrists, prepare the noose to hang on the tree, or pull the trigger. Only leaving a note on how much you fucked up your life.
They don't terrify me of dying alone, it horrifies me that I have to live alone...


© 2017 Psychotic Lily


Author's Note

Psychotic Lily
I have come back from the dead hahaha! I'm feeling better now already. I was supposed to write a story/poem about my internet friends but I watched Dear Evan Hansen... overcame by feels I started to write this.

Tell me your thoughts on how I can improve on my writing thank you!
I DON'T OWN THE PICS!!!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

You did very well. You create a epic journey into struggle and I liked the personal feel of the words. I liked the artwork also. Outstanding job with this poem.
Coyote

Posted 6 Years Ago


Psychotic Lily

6 Years Ago

Thank you Coyote. Please send me read request so I won't forget to thank you :)
Coyote Poetry

6 Years Ago

Was my pleasure and you are welcome.

3
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1013 Views
21 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 8, 2017
Last Updated on June 8, 2017
Tags: Depression, Anxiety, Sad, Giving up, Psychology

Author

Psychotic Lily
Psychotic Lily

Philippines



About
Greetings! I am one weird girl with peculiar taste. I enjoy writing and reading especially if it involves fantasy and magic. Currently I write poetry, prose, and articles (I used to be part of the sc.. more..

Writing
Carry Carry

A Poem by Psychotic Lily



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Guardian Guardian

A Poem by bella