Lost Family

Lost Family

A Story by Puppet Master
"

This is a story about a Jewish family in world war 2. It has a little bit of each of the family members journey to there fate, in many different writing styles.

"

WWII Stories

 

It is WWII. The Allied units have just pushed into Germany and the Nazi Army is on high alert. There is constant bombing and every city I know of has been turned into scraps. Food and water are rare and shelter is scarce, but there are the wee few who make it work…

Siting in my upstairs rocking chair. I gaze out an old broken window at an enormous pile of rubble that I use to call my home. The old clock ticks and tocks to the creak of my chair, just as a band would play to the beat of a metronome. The world has become gray and monotone; even the bright dandelion fields have gone pale. My two sons and my daughter sit downstairs in rags as clothes and bags as shoes. I see a group of Nazi soldiers coming this way. I rush downstairs and wrap myself around my three kids. I hold them tight knowing this is most likely the last time I will see them.”

I hear the all too familiar sound of the Nazi commander’s Luger handgun, as he fires it in the air. With each shot I flinch as a shock of fear bolts down my spine.” “I KNOW YOU’RE IN THERE!” He screams. “He breaks down the door, time stops. The barrel of his gun stares at my soul with its blank expression, as a lion stares at its prey prior to its fatal strike, to end the prey’s life. I see a flash, hear a bang and then… everything goes black.”


The train rumbles and shakes at a quick pace, the moonlight is peeking through a caged window at my face. It’s just staring at me. Does it think I’m a disgrace? Or is it that it just knows my fate? How can I tell? I can’t stop looking. The urge to glance at the moonlights dance is too strong. I needed to rebel, so to my knees I fell, and wept myself away, to rest.


Dear reader,

Hello, my name is Schneider. I have been brought to a German camp, and… I just want someone to know I was here, that I existed at one point in time. I was a student at Holzschaft Academy, and I was in grade 12. I was a straight A-B student. Mr. Lander was my home room teacher. He was taken almost a year ago. I wish that I could see Saman- (BANG)...   


I sit, Waiting for them to call my number for a shower. I’m sitting just across from the boy I like. He is waiting for a shower too. I hope we get the same one. We used to go to school together, but the only class we had together was Mr.Lander’s grade 9 social studies class. Mr.Lander would always kid around with me because I was his favorite student’s little sister.” “2976, 2977, 2978, and 2079” Said a tall blond German man. “Oh it’s my turn for the shower, and I get to go with (2979) the boy I like! Plus two other strangers. Now we can all get clean.

© 2015 Puppet Master


Author's Note

Puppet Master
This is my first upload, so I am looking for lots of ways to get better.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

68 Views
Added on November 10, 2015
Last Updated on November 10, 2015
Tags: Love, Fate, Jewish, World war, Sad, Loss, Death, War

Author

Puppet Master
Puppet Master

Woodstock, Canada



About
I'm just a dude, that does things. more..