A Snapshot of My Sneakers

A Snapshot of My Sneakers

A Poem by AG
"

the shoes depicted in the picture are actually the kind i have and responsible for th creation of this poem. these are Adidas Stan Smiths and are just a delight to wear everyday.

"

stan smith" />

People compose odes to things that are old

But you are far from worn-out

Yet I made this poem for you,

My dear Adidas shoes.

Such a timeless piece, a casual design.

All the while, a portrait of myself under my feet.

 

You dare venture to foreign regions

Which I do not have enough courage to explore.

And you do not complain

Instead you remain faithful to me

Like my ambitions and acquaintances.

 

You sport the incomparable subtlety of white

That matches well with my dark denim jeans.

Indeed, the most ingenius of accomplices

In weaving illusions that suggest that I'm taller than my height.

 

How noble and gallant are your heels

That viciously duel fixtures of asphalt and bubble gum.

Insurmountable battles that i would rather not face.

 

While you accompany me

In strolls and chases too numerable to count

Such a peculiar perspective you lay eyes upon.

I'd gladly sacrifice this panoramic view

To see the world as you do.

 

Reliant and adamant beyond frequent use,

I adore you like a friend.

As I arrive home and my bed awaits,

I take my toes out of your embrace

Not even bothering to untie your laces

For tomorrow's yet another voyage

And I'm simply impatient about knots

Because I want to be with you again

As swift as time and legs would allow.

© 2011 AG


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This was a fun piece to read! I feel the exact same way about my shoes.. Sketcher sneaks. :) They are beautifully designed to hide the fact that I am wearing sneaks to work! Comfortable and a dream to wear.. so I can understand your poem there! :)

Thanks for sharing this.... and making a reader smile. :)

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

This part:

For tomorrow's yet another voyage

And I'm simply impatient about knots

Because I want to be with you again

As swift as time and legs would allow.


reminded me of my kids.

It's an excellent piece of work. I enjoyed it.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

There's this little boxer dog that lives on my street, and she loves me as much as any human being has ever loved me..even though I've spent less than 30 minutes of our mutual lives together..she looks up at me w/ this sad, passionate, knowing stare..like--" take me home and I'll sleep in your bed w/ you."
that's love, it's personfied in everything when you make a valid attempt to know yourself and discern about reality on as many levels as you're capable of.
So yea, I can see loving your shoes, and understanding their love and loyalty to you..I have a pair of brown shoes like that.
And I wrote a story about a sock fetish..it's gonna be a chapter in my first book, called "I left my sandals in Minnesota".


Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

That's funny as hell, lol I like that the shoes really do have eyes! lol And the praise lavished upon the almighty shoe here. It was a fairly modern and original idea and I praise the author for thinking of it. Some people have a positive obsession with shoes; my ex-wife for example. lol I like my Rockports, I wear a pair for three years and go buy another.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Well, i have a bad habit of taking cliches and creating more cliches on top of those, oh yeah, and throwing a few rhymes in there too to top it off with a nice cherry. After reading this one of yours... i feel like getting a jukebox and cotton candy. and trading my nikes in for a pair of adidas.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Marvellous stuff! I had to read this because of the title and I was not disappointed. It shows great focus on an everyday object, which whey you think about it is extraordinarily personal and links us to the world, shares our life and says much about us. I was buying some football boots for my kids only ydy and was amazed at the vast range of footware...so many nuances. Personally I was taken by a plain black pair with a discrete arrow on the sole. Your poem endows your sneakers with real soul. 'To see the world as you do' is the best line for me. Fresh poem this, great read.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I love it. You are seriously in love with your shoes. :) lol when I read it, I want to laugh, cause I have never met anyone that has talked so highly about a pair of shoes... well actually I have... I think it's weird, but if it sparks your writing ingenuity let it ride. :)

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
AG
no, this isn't an advertisement, just poetry.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This was a fun piece to read! I feel the exact same way about my shoes.. Sketcher sneaks. :) They are beautifully designed to hide the fact that I am wearing sneaks to work! Comfortable and a dream to wear.. so I can understand your poem there! :)

Thanks for sharing this.... and making a reader smile. :)

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

504 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 13, 2009
Last Updated on June 17, 2011

Author

AG
AG

Los Angeles, CA



Writing
Initial Filth Initial Filth

A Poem by AG


Fish Fish

A Poem by AG



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Sun Dried Sun Dried

A Poem by Bubo