Tell Me What The Rain Knows

Tell Me What The Rain Knows

A Poem by Paris France
"

A poem that reminds us that no matter how depressing life seems the darkness will pass into a new and beautiful tomorrow.

"

 

Tell me what the rain knows.

If it is the tears of angels,

Then wash away my heart ache

And see how the sky grows clear.

 

Tell me what the rain knows.

As I wander down life’s path

Shower me with its wisdom

And flood me with the truth.

 

Tell me what the rain knows.

Whisper it into my ear,

As I stand here, crying,

The rain hiding my tears.

 

    Please, tell me what the rain knows.

So when life swells with tempests

I can stand firm and be at peace

With rain’s knowledge that “All will pass.”

 

Ah, and watch the sun rise up,

Embracing me with warmth as

I soar on the wings of morning.

A new day has come!

And my troubles are gone, gone with the rain

© 2010 Paris France


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

"And my troubles are gone, gone with the rain"

Gorgeous. This poem was beautiful. I love the whole concept of this poem. It's interesting to see what people can take from nature. Asking what the rain might know...completely and utterly brilliant! This poem had me from the title, first line and every line after that.

Life's free pleasures are so easy to overlook but when you actually stay in one spot and absorb everything around you has to offer, something like this poem comes about and inspiration bewilders all of us!

It's like being in a whole new state of mind.
Poetry about nature creates such a high.

I love how you interpreted rain. I love it. Washing away all that's dirty and bad.

Again, sorry for the ramble, but perfect :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Love this :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


At first read, i felt that it was nothing more than a superficial take on an old metaphor, but after i read it a few more times, the strength of the unique images and the concepts they were partnered with began to take on a deeper meaning to me. In each stanza there is a powerful image and connection made, but a couple of times there are weak phrases within the stanza that cause the metaphor to lose its power. For example, in the second stanza, "As i wander down life's path" seems a bit grandiose and overbearing, and it offers no great meaning to justify that kind of weight. And the very last line, which i feel is the weakest element of the poem for these reasons: 1-the end should be stronger than the lines that came before it, and the language here is a bit loose compared with the rest; 2-it is an overstatement of the theme, which in this case is not needed because the poem does the work already, so why state it out loud? The power in a poem is in understatement, and the power in a theme is in not ever stating it at all. Once you say the words it's like letting all the air out of a balloon. The last line of the poem violates these mandates, and it would be a better poem if you simply removed it. Maybe even the line that comes before, too. Poetry is about doing the most with the least.

I hope this helps. I did enjoy the poem, but I feel its my duty to critique it in a way that might help improve it. My philosophy is if i can't find anything wrong with something i'm charged with critiquing, then i should just shut the . . . up, because nothing i say will be worth the time. I'm kind of a technical critiquer. A nuts and bolts kind of troubleshooter. Trust me, I'm much more critical of my own work.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Well, honestly, I think this piece would have been stronger as a mood piece rather than an allegory for "sadness to Joy". The moods in the opening stanza's are rainy, and evoke a feeling of understanding the rain. The use of wash, flood, shower are effective....The last stanza doesn't seem to mesh with the third stanza. In one you are presently crying, and the jump from crying to seeing the sun rise up is too fast with no transition. I am not slamming the piece, I just think the moodiness and cloudiness is great, and perhaps that an "act ii" poem about coming out of the clouds might be more effective and slow the read down somewhat. Just my take....others may love it as is.

Mark

Posted 13 Years Ago


its so wierd how you can get so much from rain. rain can bring sadness, fear, happiness, love. there is so much that the rain knows!

Posted 13 Years Ago


amazing. keep it at that.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Wow!!! This is so amazing I like this write it is touching and quite brillant. I love this. Very well written!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Brilliant Write! So beautiful and heart warming! Nature washes the earth, buta new day when the rain is gone brightens ones life!

Posted 13 Years Ago


"And my troubles are gone, gone with the rain"

Gorgeous. This poem was beautiful. I love the whole concept of this poem. It's interesting to see what people can take from nature. Asking what the rain might know...completely and utterly brilliant! This poem had me from the title, first line and every line after that.

Life's free pleasures are so easy to overlook but when you actually stay in one spot and absorb everything around you has to offer, something like this poem comes about and inspiration bewilders all of us!

It's like being in a whole new state of mind.
Poetry about nature creates such a high.

I love how you interpreted rain. I love it. Washing away all that's dirty and bad.

Again, sorry for the ramble, but perfect :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Very nice! Powerfully peaceful and serene!

Posted 13 Years Ago


I don't know what the rain knows, but i know that you are a really good writer. I also know that i really like this. I also know that i wanna read some more of your stuff.

Posted 13 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1968 Views
49 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 7 Libraries
Added on June 20, 2010
Last Updated on June 24, 2010
Tags: Poem, Rain, Life, Hope

Author

Paris France
Paris France

In Your Dreams,, WA



About
Kind, sweet, and cute--that’s who people say I am, but do they really know me…? Perhaps not, and that’s why I must tell you. I am a complicated little person, who likes some thin.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


forgiveness forgiveness

A Poem by Emily B


Kissing Frogs Kissing Frogs

A Poem by .


Drift Drift

A Poem by Robin