That Night

That Night

A Story by Puzzle-bot
"

This is just a scene from a yet unwritten book. I enjoy writing scenes from books that I haven't yet written I hope you like this one.

"

It was on a very dark, lonely, miserable night. The moon was hidden behind thick, black clouds and the wind howled among the tree tops; though upon the ground, nothing moved, nothing stirred. It was as still as death.

      I wish I knew back then.

I must have been about three then. I never knew why the village was on edge. I couldn’t understand why the person who must have been my mother got me up at midnight and dressed me.

     I never knew.

I couldn’t really understand the instructions that she was giving. I couldn’t understand why she was crying so much �" what was happening �" why we were walking in the direction of the forest. I didn’t know why the night was so sinister. Why the lady guiding me was so quiet and afraid. I didn’t understand.

      I didn’t understand.

I had no Idea that I was having my life changed…I don’t even remember who the lady was.

      I didn’t know who was leading me away

I don’t really remember anything of that night, except the sinisterness and my confusion. But I do remember what the lady said to me when we reached the edge of the village; when she swept her swirling cloak around to face me. She was crying, but she managed to get these words clearly across to me … they stuck in my heart ever since.

      I wish now that I could have known more about her; the mystery lady.

“Be safe, my dear. Run away and be safe; but never forget me. Never forget yourself. You are Tiena Raksanna. You are my darling baby Tiena. Never forget that. Never forget me. Never let any other name be given to you. You are Tiena Raksanna.” At that moment a slight rustling from behind her caused her to turn nervously. “I love you, darling. You are my darling. Run now, run like the wind.” Then she squeezed me swiftly and pushed me gently towards the woods.

      I never knew what I was doing. I never knew what I was running towards.

I ran like the wind to the forest because I wanted to escape from her disturbing sadness. When I looked back, she was gone. But I remember her words and her tear-stained face.

      If I’d only understood, if only I’d known. Maybe I wouldn’t now get these nightmares.

I was three back then and I lived in the forest alone, uncivilized, unknowing for the next twelve years.

I never knew who my mother was. I didn’t even know if she was the person who sent me away.

      I never understood why I was there.

I didn’t remember barely everything from where ever I came. That village…

      I didn’t know anything about my past.

But I was Tiena Raksanna. And that was all I knew.

I had no idea what I came from. I knew I came from a village, and I knew where it was, but I never knew what I’d come from. What exactly was a village, apart from a bunch of huts and people?

      I felt like I never belonged in the world.

˜·

© 2010 Puzzle-bot


Author's Note

Puzzle-bot
PLEASE Comment. Do I need less Italics? Is it a bit repetetive?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

*verdict & happy thanksgiving

Posted 12 Years Ago


Definitely intriguing. Could be a sci-fi piece. Oh, and awaiting your judgment (Visual Stimulus contest) :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


What an amazing short story Puzzle-bot. I might have to sleep with my closet light on tonight. It is a haunting and mysterious write from your ever flowing pen. I must say I thoroughly enjoyed this story and I can't wait for you to send me more to read. Fabulous job!

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

307 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on July 9, 2010
Last Updated on July 9, 2010

Author

Puzzle-bot
Puzzle-bot

Here



About
I love reading and read al day long. I love writing, to, But my stories never get finished and are sooo badly written. I like reading, writing, climbing trees, redwall (book), mistmantle (book), redw.. more..

Writing
The girl The girl

A Chapter by Puzzle-bot


Lucine Kennedy Lucine Kennedy

A Chapter by Puzzle-bot