1-5

1-5

A Chapter by PyroKitty24

Everyone stopped what they were doing and looked up when the door swung open, letting in a cold breeze. A grungy looking man walked in, wearing tattered, old clothing. His hair was long and tangled, and he had quite a few visible scars. People flinched out of his way as he walked toward the counter. The man held out a yellow piece of paper. The innkeeper snatched it and stared at it before handing it back to the man. “Lance Wise?” the innkeeper said, “I’ve heard that name.  I’m not letting any convict in here. Get out.”

                Lance sighed and put the paper back in his pocket. He had expected this response; it was the same one he got at the last two Inns. His yellow papers marked him as a criminal, so no one would let him in. He was starving and tired, but there was no place for him to go.

                The sun was starting to set, and Lance knew he had better find a place to stay soon. He could smell the rain and wasn’t eager to spend the night in it. That was when he spotted a dog house in someone’s front yard. He peered into it, and seeing it empty, settled himself inside. It was a tight fit, but at least he would be dry tonight.

                “Sir, what are you doing in my doghouse?”

                Lance looked up when he heard the voice. An older woman was staring down at him. She didn’t seem angry, though, only curious.

                “I can’t find a place to stay for the night, and it’s going to rain.” He explained.

                “Have you tried the Inn?”

                “Of course! They’ve all sent me away.”

                “Did you try that one?”

                The old woman pointed toward a house next to the town church. Lance hadn’t been aware that it was an Inn, for it had no signs advertising it.

                “No, I haven’t.” he admitted.

                “Well try it,” the woman replied, “It’ll surely be better than sleeping in a doghouse.”



© 2012 PyroKitty24


Author's Note

PyroKitty24
Cast List:
Lance Wise - Jean Valjean
E.J. Spoorn - Javert
Sparkie - Prisoner
Emma - Valjean's sister

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

252 Views
Added on January 30, 2012
Last Updated on January 30, 2012


Author

PyroKitty24
PyroKitty24

Toledo, OH



About
Hey, I'm Crystal. Writing was something I've always done in my freetime, and once I discovered this site and used it for a while I decided I want to focus more on my writing skills. Please review my w.. more..

Writing
1-1 1-1

A Chapter by PyroKitty24


1-2 1-2

A Chapter by PyroKitty24


1-3 1-3

A Chapter by PyroKitty24