Far from King

Far from King

A Poem by Triston Taylor
"

Struggle of living through life, trying to move on and grow up but facing too many nearly impossible obstacles.

"
Battling thoughts with pencils. Telling stories of loss and victory. Underestimate the words on paper but believe the story told. The true prince who fought a real demon. Not a quest of love but the beginning of a personal hell. A struggle doesn't end by slaying one beast. It doesn't end with a beautiful princess in the end. Hell, sometimes it never ends. Each day presents a new evil, some left to fight another day from exceeding strength. I have many of those lingering. My sword was shattered long ago. My armor reforged over and over again. I have lost time and time again but victories I boast. I boast for victories are few. Trying to take king ship but I can't even take care of myself. Even I wouldn't bow to me. There is nothing to bow too. Love is what is imprinted on my shield. Yet love is scarce. So in the end I've had next to nothing protecting me besides a sword of fear. My fear died long ago. Now I wake to another beast added to the growing garden of demons. They bring everything back day and day for they know I no longer fear death, I fear suicide. They know that killing me is too easy, they know reliving day by day inside my head to only me is more painful then losing everything I love, they know that realizing the things I already lost and feeling what those things gave me kills me from wake to sleep...even then...Some drift to my escape and lock themselves in..

© 2015 Triston Taylor


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

125 Views
Added on May 19, 2015
Last Updated on May 19, 2015

Author

Triston Taylor
Triston Taylor

Oshkosh, WI



About
I'm 17 and I want to take the talent I have further, I want more people to review my poetry and help me take it farther. more..

Writing