Weird Times in Oscar High Pilot Act 2

Weird Times in Oscar High Pilot Act 2

A Screenplay by .quan.011.

Act 2

 

EXT. Amanda’s bedroom " Morning

 

Amanda Patterson is looking in the mirror brushing her long brown while listening to her IPod.

 

Lily (O.S):

Amanda, if you don’t get a move on.

You’ll be late for school.

 

Amanda:

Fine Mom, I’m on my way.

 

She placed the brush on the vanity table, grabs her backpack from her bed, and head out the door. She walks downstairs to see her parents Lily sitting at the dining room table while Charles brought in a plate of pancakes.

 

Charles:

Get it while it’s hot, sweetheart.

 

Lily:

Your father made us some pancakes.

 

Amanda:

That sound delirious, but I really need to go.

Don’t want to be late for my first day of school.

 

Charles:

 That’s my girl. I told this move would be a good thing.

 

Amanda sighed.

Amanda:

Bye guys.

 

The scene changes to Amanda driving her car to school through a road surround by forest. She was drinking a cup of coffee when a silver car drove past her at such a high speed that it nearly ran her off the road.

Amanda:

A*****e!

 

She pulled up to the school parking lot. We see scenes of different kind of students enacting with each other. A girl giving a guy a hug, a group of boys talking to each other, and a group of girls were talking and smiling.

Amanda:

This should be fun.

 

INT. Oscar High School Hallway 

 

Amanda is walking down the hallway with every boy looking at her. She smiles a little bit before getting to her locker. She opens it and put her books in the locker. She closed the door when Michelle Angel appeared. Amanda jumps at the sight of her.

Michelle:

Hello, my name is Michelle Angel.

You must be the new girl.

 

Amanda:

Yeah, I’m Amanda Patterson.

 

Michelle:

Well, Amanda welcome to Oscar High School with you not dying to get out of here. You haven’t been here long.

 

Amanda:

It’s really that bad.

 

Michelle:

Like I said you haven’t been here long.

I give it only five minutes before a girl will start a rumor about you.

 

Amanda and Michelle walked through the hallway as a group of girls watched them in disbelief. One of the girls was Cindy Kent who giggled at the rest of the girl.

 

Michelle:

Damn, that was only three minutes.

 Well let introduce to my friend.

 

They walk to a locker where teen rocker Max Smith was putting his books into locker. His jaw drops as he looked at Amanda who smiled at him.

Michelle: (shutting Max’s mouth)

Amanda, this is my friend Max Smith.

Max you idiot, this Amanda the new girl.

 

Amanda:

Nice to meet, you Max.

 

Max:

Spinach!

Amanda and Michelle:

What?

 

Max:

I eat a lot of spinach.

 

Michelle:

Okay, weird?

 

Amanda:

Does anything weird ever happened to this town?

 

Michelle:

No.

 

EXT. Road

 

The silver car is moving up a drive way to a manor. An older looking woman was waiting for the car with two wheelchairs. The car stopped and a young man got out of the car. He opened the back door and pulled out Jessica. He put her into one of the wheelchair. Then he went back and pulled out Abel. He put him into other chair. They were both still knocked out as they were rolled into the house.

 

Max (O.S):

Yeah, nothing weird happens in this town.

 

EXT. McHale Manor guest’s room " Day

 

Inside of a big bedroom, Abel woke up in a king sized bed. He immediately looked around with a confused look on his face. He was in a white empty room expected for a bed and his jacket lying next to him. He gets up and grabs his jacket. He walks to the door and looks around. The hallway was completely empty, but he could hear laughter coming from downstairs. He leaped off the railing and landed on the bottom floor. He comes face to face with Sarah (23)

 

Sarah:

Lucas, you’re awake.

 

Abel:

Who are you and how do you know my name?

 

Sarah:

Well, my name is Sarah McHale, and

I might have hacked into your files.

 

Abel:

Why were you looking at my files?

 

Sarah gulped as she slowly back away from him.

 

Woman (O.S):

Because I asked her to, I like to know a little something about the people living in my house.

 

The scene changed to see a lovely long brown haired woman, Anna McHale. She looked very interested in Lucas.

 

Anna:

Lucas Cain aka Abel, Cain is the first murderer known to man. Abel is the good son who became the victim. That why you call yourself Abel, because you think you’re the victim.

 

 Abel:

What is this place?

 

Sarah:

It’s a meta-human refuge, but I’m guessing you going want to see Jessica.

 

Anna:

She is fine. She’s in the kitchen with the others.

 

Sarah and Anna led Lucas into the kitchen where Jessica was eating a bowl of cereal with Edwin Scott (18) and Ashley Dare (17). They were talking and laughing.

 

Abel:

I thought we would have to fight our way out.

 

Jessica turned around to see him entering the room. She smiled as she ran to him. She hugged him and he embraced her. Others just watched.

Jessica:

Abel, you’re finally awake. It has been three days. Able, this Ashley Dare and Edwin Scott they found us.

 

Ashley give him a wink while Edwin gave him a small manly nod of the head.

 

Anna:

Lucas and Jessica, if you follow me we have a lot to discuss.

 

 

INT. Anna’s office

 

Anna is sitting behind her desk while Lucas and Jessica was sitting in front of it. There was an awkward silence as Lucas let out a yawn. Jessica playfully hit in the shoulder.

Anna:

So what should I call you Lucas, Luke, or Abel?

 

Jessica:

Luke

 

Abel:

Abel

 

Lucas looked at Jessica who smiled at him.

 

Jessica:

What, I like the name Luke, and Abel sound too much like a stripper name.

 

Abel:

Lucas Cain is dead, okay. I do not plan on staying here.

 

Anna:

Why?

 

Abel:

I sorry, but this place looks like testing faculty. You draw mutant teens in with your talk of making them normal, but what you’re really trying to do is figure how we do things we do.

 

Lucas gets up from his seat while Jessica just looks that her.

 

Abel:

I’m sorry, but I don’t people trying to get into my head.

 

 Anna:

I don’t want to get your head neither that Sarah’s job and the promise of you being normal, I’m sorry, but that can never happened. I can teach you how to control your abilities.

 

Jessica:

What are you mutant too?

 

Anna:

No, but I have been studying mutants for years. Outside people hate and fear you, but here you will be safe to develop your ability or abilities. Then you will be to enact with humans without fear.

 

Jessica looked like she didn’t believe what she was hearing.

 

Anna:

Edwin and Ashley will be starting school tomorrow with normal people, I believe so can you.

 

Abel:

They are students by a day and super-powered team by night fighting crime and mutant freedom.

 

Anna:

No, nothing like that, but there is training and testing.

 

Jessica:

I’m in

(Anna and Jessica looked at Abel)

 

Abel:

Is this completely my choice (Anna nodded her head) Well, I’m not in. I have men after me and maybe it best for everyone if I just left.

 

Lucas walked out of the room, closing the door behind him.

 

EXT - Oscar High School Cafeteria

 

Amanda is sitting alone eating her salad watching other students getting their little social groups. She is waiting for Michelle and Max as they are in the lunch line. When a girl walked over and sat in the opposite. The blonde haired girl named Cindy Polson.

 

Cindy:

Hello, Cindy Polson and you must be Amanda Patterson, daughter of Lily Patterson, the Broadway star.

 

Amanda:

Yeah.

 

She didn’t look to please that someone knew her mother was famous. Then Michelle and Max walked over and took the seats next to Cindy.

 

Michelle:

What the hell are you doing here, Cindy?

 

Cindy:

I’m introducing myself to our new student. What are you two doing here? Oh wait I don’t care. Amanda, why don’t you come sit with us?

Amanda:

Umm…

 

The intercom came on and everything became silent.

 

The principal:

Will Amanda Patterson report to the Math lad? You left your math book. That will be all.

 

Amanda:

I better go get that math.

 

She gets up from her seat and starts heading for the door. She sighed as she walked through the hallway to the math lab. She walked through the door and sees Marcus Henderson holding talking to a teacher.

 

Marcus:

But I don’t get at least a B on this test.

The coach will kick me off the team.

 

The teacher:

This is too early in the year to have this conversation.

 

Marcus slammed his fist on the desk making a loud bang that made both Amanda and even the teacher jump.

 

Marcus:

Coach is cracking the whip early!

 

The teacher:

Listen I could probably get you a tutor by tomorrow, okay. 

 

Then the teacher turned to Amanda and so did Marcus who put on the smile the moment his eyes saw her face. She could see Marcus was staring her up and down.

 

The teacher:

Aw, Yes Mrs. Patterson here is your book.

 

Amanda sees her book on the teacher’s desk and puts it up.

 

Amanda:

Thank you

 

The teacher nodded and Amanda head out the door. She was at least a few steps out the door when Marcus caught up with her.

Marcus:

Hey, wait up Amanda.

 

Amanda stops walking and turns around to see Marcus behind.

 

Marcus:

Man, you can walk fast. I’m Marcus Henderson.

 

Amanda:

Well you already know my name.

 

Marcus:

So how do you like here so far?

 

Amanda:

It’s nice, kind of small, and it’s nothing like New York.

 

Marcus:

So you use to live in New York, interesting.

 

Amanda:

Yeah, I lived there all my life. This is the first time I ever lived outside of the city.

 

Marcus:

You picked no better place.

 

The bell rang ending lunch of the day.

 

Amanda:

Well, I better go head to my math class. See you around?

 

Amanda started walking off unaware that Marcus was looking at her butt as it was in motion.

 

Marcus: (muttered)

Most definitely!

 

EXT- Outside the front gate

 

Sarah and Edwin were standing outside of house as the door opened and Abel walked through it. He was shock to see them standing there.

 

Abel:

Come to see me off, have you?

 

Sarah:

I come to ask you to stay here. You can actually do some good. I know why you’re running not be of those men.

 

Abel:

 You don’t know what you are talking?

 

Abel has a serious and dark expression on his face while Edwin remained silent, but kept his eye on Abel.

 

Sarah:

I read your file. I know about the accident that killed your parents and older brother Andrew.

 

Abel became quiet and walked past Edwin and Sarah.

 

Edwin:

Sooner or later, you’re going to have to stop blaming yourself. It wasn’t your fault.

 

Abel stops walking for minute and turns around to walk towards Edwin.

 

Abel:

How would you know, huh? You know nothing about my family, bullets don’t bounce off them. They couldn’t lift up a MAC truck. I can, but couldn’t save them. So what use this power if I can’t protect the people I care about?

 

Sarah

You’re not a god. You can’t save everyone.

 

Abel ignored them as he kept walking out the front gate. They were all unaware that a spy satellite was above them. In a dark room, Agent #1 and a whole team was watching them.

 

Agent #1 (Smiled):

Got you!

 

End of Act 2

© 2010 .quan.011.


My Review

Would you like to review this Screenplay?
Login | Register




Reviews

amazing act i love it i cant wait to read the rest

Posted 12 Years Ago


wonderful transition between multiple characters
a delightful read
very talented script writer!

Posted 13 Years Ago


I agree with T.Hawkins you did a good job but if you do what T. Hawkins says you be a big hit way to go

Posted 13 Years Ago


Here's some feedback:

Nice you started switching the descriptions tense. That would be much better. Just go through it again you missed "some" of the verbs.

You need a bit more descriptions of the room, take us there, shows us how it looks like, help the decorators create it even with a few simple directions. You are the scriptwriter, the movie is your world, you create it, you make it look the way it does.

"The scene changes" I mentioned something like that last time. If the scene changed write a separate scene. NEVER, ever say "The scene changes."

"We see scenes" No we see. Already mentioned this. I and We do not belong in a script. they belong in a badly narrated 60s documentary.

You forger the day time from time to time. Even if its obvious you ABSOLUTELY need to specify whether its a day or a night.

Sarah (23) Is that age? If it is its not in the right place. You have character sketches for that.Same here Edwin Scott (18) and Ashley Dare (17). its not grave, its just preferably you wrote the sketches separately from the script. It give you a better idea of the characters and how to write their reactions.

"The blonde haired girl named Cindy Polson." That too goes into character sketches. You just say "When CINDY POLSON walks over"

Overall its ok. A bit fast at times but that's fine for a TV show. But you really like the high school "super" student plot line, don't you? Still mutants is a nice switched from vampires with all the vamp fashion going around.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

518 Views
4 Reviews
Added on September 7, 2010
Last Updated on September 7, 2010
Tags: Mutant, fighting, humans

Author

.quan.011.
.quan.011.

Newark, DE



About
Hello my name is Quan and I'm new here. I write a complete of stories that I will update. I don't do any peoms, because I'm not good at them. Thanks for reading and review my work. My Novel .. more..

Writing